Author Topic: Deleting star systems  (Read 1640 times)

Offline itamember (OP)

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • i
Deleting star systems
« on: January 21, 2013, 02:16:21 PM »
My game has really slowed down and I would like to delete all the star systems in my game except the ones I've colonized so I can re-explore.  This time with AIs and star swarm.  How do I go about this?

Offline Nathan_

• Pulsar 4x Dev
  • Commodore
  • N
Re: Deleting star systems
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2013, 02:31:13 PM »
That would be difficult. You'd be better off just restarting and being more careful about exploration. If you wanted to put in the effort though you can delete starsystems one by one via f9 with sm mode on. You'll have to redo jps though, which is the real difficult part.

Offline itamember (OP)

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • i
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2013, 03:08:04 PM »
That sucks.     One more question, when I go to the Ctrl+F9 screen in spacemaster mode it shows systems without names.     Are these systems that an NPR has explored? I don't remember encountering any NPRs but that might have been due to the low tech scanners on my ships.     Is it possible to delete these unnamed systems? They don't show up in the normal F9 window.   

Screenshot illustrating the unnamed systems: i. imgur. com/3mWUXOP. png
« Last Edit: January 21, 2013, 03:09:36 PM by itamember »

Offline Nathan_

• Pulsar 4x Dev
  • Commodore
  • N
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2013, 03:17:50 PM »
hmm, those probably couldn't be deleted if you can't get to them via the f9 menu. You'd need the db password to get rid of them.

Offline se5a

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2013, 05:01:42 PM »
That would be difficult. You'd be better off just restarting and being more careful about exploration. If you wanted to put in the effort though you can delete starsystems one by one via f9 with sm mode on. You'll have to redo jps though, which is the real difficult part.

how do you mean 'more careful about exploration?'

Offline Nathan_

• Pulsar 4x Dev
  • Commodore
  • N
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2013, 06:56:19 PM »
once you spawn an NPR, that npr can trigger a cascade of star system creation, npr creation, and so on. so focus on conquering each npr in turn before doing more exploring.