Author Topic: Recreation Module  (Read 1558 times)

Offline draanyk (OP)

• Chief Petty Officer
  • d
Recreation Module
« on: November 28, 2012, 09:20:17 AM »
6.20 includes a new component in ship design, Recreation Module. We've been talking about how to refine the new shore leave mechanism in a few topics, but I haven't found something definitive that tells me what this new module does. Based on the suggestions in the topics, I'm guessing it eliminates or reduces the need for shore leave. Does one module in one ship attached to a fleet eliminate the need for shore leave for the fleet, or would I need more modules? Does it only affect the ship it's on, or does it affect the entire fleet?

Offline Charlie Beeler

• Registered
  • Vice Admiral
Re: Recreation Module
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2012, 09:24:59 AM »
Amateurs study tactics, Professionals study logistics - paraphrase attributed to Gen Omar Bradley

Offline draanyk (OP)

• Chief Petty Officer
  • d
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2012, 09:38:09 AM »
Thanks! Clearly my google-fu is weak. I searched for "recreation" instead of "recreational".   :P

Offline draanyk (OP)

• Chief Petty Officer
  • d
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2012, 01:20:42 PM »
Just to clarify some behaviour, in case someone else runs into this... The ship that contains the Recreation Module does not benefit from it. I had to create a separate Civilian ship with the recreation module in order for my monster JG defense base to gain the benefit. Seems a bit strange to me (your crew are forced to work on the base with the recreation module, but are never allowed to use it).

EDIT: I think this is buggy, as I need two ships with rec facilities in order to gain the benefit. Bug report posted here: http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php/topic,5651.msg58372.html#msg58372
« Last Edit: December 03, 2012, 01:58:09 PM by draanyk »