Author Topic: New board for video content?  (Read 2307 times)

Online nuclearslurpee (OP)

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • Radioactive frozen beverage.
New board for video content?
« on: September 14, 2021, 12:37:58 PM »
Not sure where to put this but since it is an issue about the forums I will post it here.

I am noticing that currently, Aurora video content seems to be scattered across the forums in a few places, much of it ends up in the C# Tutorials section (even though I would venture to say that most videos are not intended primarily as tutorials these days), but other video content seems to end up in the general discussion board. Oddly not much seems to pop up in the Fiction section even though it would arguably fit there better than some other places.

It seems to me that we would do well to have a designated place for video content so it is easily accessible and content creators have more flexibility in how they post and promote their content. A new board for C# Videos seems ideal. Visitors to the forums will be able to easily find where to look for such things, and I can see having creator sub-boards similar to the Fiction sections allowing a creator to have e.g. different threads for different video series, again as a parallel with the written fiction.

I don't think another new board should be a problem organizationally, since we have so many old random boards floating around on the bottom half of the listing as it is. However if a new board is not desirable perhaps a section in the Fiction board would work also.

The following users thanked this post: AJS1956

Offline SpaceMarine

• Bug Moderators
  • Rear Admiral
Re: New board for video content?
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2021, 12:40:55 PM »
I would be fine with this, at this point i jsut keep posting in that tutorial section because thats where i usually do it and there isnt any other easier place, i did consider making separate threads for playlists and stuff but havent had the time to get round to it, either way i would be supportive of this.

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
  • Discord Username: icehawke
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
Re: New board for video content?
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2021, 04:24:09 PM »
Someone send me a list of topics to move, and I will.

Offline Garfunkel

• Registered
  • Admiral of the Fleet

The following users thanked this post: doodle_sm, AJS1956