Author Topic: v2.3.1 Bugs Thread  (Read 8345 times)

Offline Oafsalot

• Petty Officer
Re: v2.3.1 Bugs Thread
« Reply #75 on: December 11, 2023, 03:30:10 AM »
It's an old bug sir, but it checks out.

When flying a Tug with a Shipyard through dangerous space the Tug was destroyed and deposited the shipyard in open space.

The Shipyard then became a part of a new race, an ally named the same as mine.

When opening the Naval Organization I get the error - 2. 3. 1 Function #358: The given key was no present in the dictionary.

I also get that error when I refresh Ship Combat on any ship in that system.

https://imgur. com/a/yhs2FzM

Offline Kaiser

• Commander
  • K
« Reply #76 on: December 11, 2023, 03:57:28 AM »
Moved 35 terraforming installation on Mars using civilian contracts, now I want move these installs. on another planet using the civilian contract, however this time I cannot add a "supply" order for the terraforming, instead the number I set ends in the "demand" for terraforming.

If instead, I remove the demand order from Mars, then I can add the supply order.

Bug? I remember there was something similar in previous version, maybe it is time to address it Steve?

Having a Demand order and Supply order for the same thing at the same location wouldn't make sense. Sounds like WAI to me.

This happens, because now even when order is fulfilled it remains in either demand or supply active orders list. It just have a value of zero. Such order can remain until you restart the game. Let's say you ordered 1000 infrastructure to Luna. The order gets fulfilled, but remains on the list. Some time later you terraform Luna and you no longer need any infrastructure there. So you try to place a supply order with all that infrastructure, but game instead adds all of that to remaining active demand order. This was happening to me a lot before I realized what was going on.

This is exactly what I was talking about, the problem is that It happens you place a supply order and this is not fulfilled because there's already a demand order for the same thing, but due to the amount of information and concentration Aurora requires, you might not notice that and you realize the mistake after years. To complicate further the things, the civilian orders is not updating in real time, at least in this case, so you won't notice the error until you have closed and open the screen again.

Steve said is WAI, but I do not thing it should work this way, maybe we can get a simple popup something like "order already existing in demand..." and vice versa, so we are prompted to delete one of the two orders.

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #77 on: December 11, 2023, 04:55:02 AM »
Steve said is WAI, but I do not thing it should work this way, maybe we can get a simple popup something like "order already existing in demand..." and vice versa, so we are prompted to delete one of the two orders.

Supply and Demand are right next to each other on the same tab of the same window, so you can see existing demand/supply when you are creating a new request. A popup wouldn't add any information beyond what you can already see.

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #78 on: December 11, 2023, 05:03:17 AM »
Power Plants and Railgun random company name are assigned to the wrong list generating Engines companies name.

WAI that engines and power plants have the same company name type. I confirmed in the DB that railguns are set to 'weapon' company names. Can you provide a company name example that is incorrect?

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #79 on: December 11, 2023, 07:45:49 AM »
I think I figured out the link problems in 'Construct Organization'. I can't be certain this is the issue, but it fits the reported issues.

When an org is constructed, the task for the top level formation is given a ParentLinkID of 0 and a LinkID based on the parameter held at the game level (MaxLinkID) for the next available LinkID

Each formation on the next level is given ParentLinkID equal to the LinkID of the top level and its own new LinkID. This continues down through the hierarchy. These links are held in the queue and passed on to the actual formations when built, so that subsequently constructed formations will know their parents.

MaxLinkID was being set on game start to the maximum link in the queue +1 and then incremented when used. However, this didn't consider already built units so some LinkIDs were being duplicated. That would explain why it worked for a while, then stopped working correctly.

Now, I have changed it to a running MaxLinkID for each race, which is always tracked and never calculated. I hope that will solve the problem.

The following users thanked this post: Black, smoelf, StarshipCactus, nuclearslurpee, Ush213

Offline Kaiser

• Commander
  • K
« Reply #80 on: December 11, 2023, 09:04:58 AM »
I made a SS before everything could crash, basically behind the overflow error window there's a ship with a search sensor, the thing is I could not see the sensor' range on the map (passives yes), then I scrolled in to zoom in and I got all these errors here.

EDIT: It does not crash, but I still get all these overflow errors and the active sensor is still not visible.
EDIT2: my bad, I had forgot to activate the sensor, still getting the overflow error, but I guess it happens when you are zooming too much.

I am 44years in the conventional campaign, real stars.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2023, 09:17:10 AM by Kaiser »

Offline Indefatigable

• Chief Petty Officer
  • I
« Reply #81 on: December 11, 2023, 10:27:07 AM »
GU Training/Ground Formation Construction Capacity:

If the total allocation in active tasks is <100%, in this example case 70% + 29% = 99%,
it is possible to add another active task, up to 100% allocation (199% GFCC), while there should only be 1% of GFCC available.

Training tasks

Running few turns to confirm the build rate

Another example: 4 x 33% tasks (132% GFCC)

SJW: Fixed for v2.4.0
« Last Edit: December 18, 2023, 09:50:50 AM by Steve Walmsley »

Offline captainwolfer

• Lt. Commander
  • c
« Reply #82 on: December 11, 2023, 01:31:43 PM »
Bug Report: Starting a new game appears to delete all ship templates:

To reproduce: Have a game open. Create a ship template. Switching between different save games does not delete the template. However, creating a new game does delete the template.

If you want I can attach databases, but I was able to reproduce the bug immediately

Offline Elouda

• Gold Supporter
  • Lieutenant
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
« Reply #83 on: December 11, 2023, 07:48:49 PM »
Two stage missiles with more than one submunition only seem to release a single one instead of multiple if set up that way. My missiles which should be releasing a pair of Size 2.2 submunitions are only releasing 1. Have tried recreating the design etc in hopes of fixing it.

SJW: Fixed for v2.4.0
« Last Edit: December 12, 2023, 05:19:47 AM by Steve Walmsley »

Offline prophetical

• Chief Petty Officer
  • p
« Reply #84 on: December 11, 2023, 09:38:07 PM »
Copying a class after you have added ground units to it will "link" the original and copied classes ground forces. So if I make Ship A and add ground forces to it, copy it to Ship B, remove ground forces from Ship B, they are also removed from Ship A. Adding to either ship will add to the other.

This also happens if you add ground forces to Ship A, remove them, then copy the class over. Ship B will have the removed ground forces listed still.

Reproduced in two different games.

SJW: Just encountered this myself. Fixed for v2.4.0. For now, if you close and re-open they should be un-linked.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2023, 05:13:12 AM by Steve Walmsley »

Offline acantoni

• Petty Officer
  • a
« Reply #85 on: December 12, 2023, 03:48:46 PM »
Ctrl-F2 was for designer mode and should not have been left active. It is extremely easy for someone to accidentally corrupt their game if they modify NPRs or delete something. While I am sure the majority of people would take that advice and just use it to look, I don't want to be chasing phantom bugs reported by the minority.

First, thank you for your amazing work and sharing this with us.
I am doing a game in 2.3.1 where i have had lot of "fun" inflicted upon me (you can read it in the "Spoiler" forum) where i had a system with a NPR + a spoiler 2 jump away from SOL discovered after 4 years ingame and soon after found other spoiler (Precursor) + another NPR + raiders roaming around. There are now 70+ wrecks around (10 of so of which are mine) and there seems to be no stopping to the enemy tonnage they can field.

I wish i had a "Designer mode" for after action after my playthrough since i am keeping saves at different stages to inspect what NPR had in term of fleets size and to a lesser extent design.

I understand the argument about the possibility to screw up the game, in the past this was password protected cant you have something like that again for those small minority of player that would like to inspect what happens under the hood?

You can go even further and have a variable in a save to say if the "Designer mode" was ever activated, if it was activated it is saved in the db and you will as a policy ignore every report/save that has the flag of having the designer mode ever activated.

Anyway this is a small thing only for your consideration ! look forward to play 2.4 !

Offline Froggiest1982

• Gold Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • F
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #86 on: December 12, 2023, 05:10:07 PM »
I remember reading something in the past, shall we be able to discover 2 Jump points at the same Survey Location? It happened before to me and not sure if it was addressed as a bug or not.

SJW: Jump points are working as intended. Theoretically, you could find more than two from the same survey location

On a personal note, I think it's great we are finding only minor changes/bugs as it certifies the amount of work from Steve, but also the whole community.

I am adding a Typo here as well even if I know we have a dedicated section.

Economic Window, Summary Section.
Parent Body Diameter should be just Body Diameter.
I never really looked into it (see previous note in regards) but it hit me when I was looking at a moon there rather than the classic System Window, so I thought it was referring to the Planet, which is not the case.

SJW: It was called 'Parent Body' as it is the body on which the population is located. I've changed to 'System Body' instead,
« Last Edit: December 18, 2023, 09:55:55 AM by Steve Walmsley »

Offline Kaiser

• Commander
  • K
« Reply #87 on: December 12, 2023, 05:16:16 PM »
On commercial shipyard complex, while adding a slipway (38% completed) I retooled the shipyard with a new class and at the message if I wanted to stop the current task I pressed yes, the ship construction has started but the adding of the slipway is still progressing, it did not stop.

Conventional, real star, just started a new campaign.

I might have found the big bug that can unlock the 2.4  :P

SJW: If this was a new shipyard with no class assigned, that is working as intended
« Last Edit: December 18, 2023, 09:56:45 AM by Steve Walmsley »

Offline captainwolfer

• Lt. Commander
  • c
« Reply #88 on: December 12, 2023, 05:29:48 PM »
On commercial shipyard complex, while adding a slipway (38% completed) I retooled the shipyard with a new class and at the message if I wanted to stop the current task I pressed yes, the ship construction has started but the adding of the slipway is still progressing, it did not stop.

Conventional, real star, just started a new campaign.

I might have found the big bug that can unlock the 2.4  :P
Was that the first time the shipyard had been retooled, or was it already set to a class?

Offline nuclearslurpee

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • Radioactive frozen beverage.
« Reply #89 on: December 12, 2023, 05:52:30 PM »
Ctrl-F2 was for designer mode and should not have been left active. It is extremely easy for someone to accidentally corrupt their game if they modify NPRs or delete something. While I am sure the majority of people would take that advice and just use it to look, I don't want to be chasing phantom bugs reported by the minority.

First, thank you for your amazing work and sharing this with us.
I am doing a game in 2.3.1 where i have had lot of "fun" inflicted upon me (you can read it in the "Spoiler" forum) where i had a system with a NPR + a spoiler 2 jump away from SOL discovered after 4 years ingame and soon after found other spoiler (Precursor) + another NPR + raiders roaming around. There are now 70+ wrecks around (10 of so of which are mine) and there seems to be no stopping to the enemy tonnage they can field.

I wish i had a "Designer mode" for after action after my playthrough since i am keeping saves at different stages to inspect what NPR had in term of fleets size and to a lesser extent design.

I understand the argument about the possibility to screw up the game, in the past this was password protected cant you have something like that again for those small minority of player that would like to inspect what happens under the hood?

You can go even further and have a variable in a save to say if the "Designer mode" was ever activated, if it was activated it is saved in the db and you will as a policy ignore every report/save that has the flag of having the designer mode ever activated.

Anyway this is a small thing only for your consideration ! look forward to play 2.4 !

1) Not a bug...
2) While I agree that Ctrl+F2 will be missed, at least in your case you have the option to go into these DBs for previous save points and change any NPR you want to inspect to a player race (table FCT_Race) before loading up that DB.