Author Topic: Life supports  (Read 1953 times)

Offline vorpal+5 (OP)

• Commodore
  • Silver Supporter Silver Supporter : Support the forums with a Silver subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
Life supports
« on: January 22, 2018, 10:18:04 AM »
It seems to me there is a whole line of components that would be nice to have, which would be about life supports. i.e crew quarters that either provide more crew space per metric cube, and/or better quality of life (morale goes above 100% at start) or are armored (or hybrids having 2 of the 3 parameters).

A subcategory would be about protecting the commanders, and as some ships will get up to 6+ commanders in theory, I believe that's important. So components increasing the chance the commander escapes destruction, armored command module and flag bridges, etc.

This can also be tied to a line of components increasing defense against boarding. Such components are always destroyed in boarding before anything can happen to crew, commanders. You can almost provide a feeling of 'boarding party progression' with a clever set of rules and priorities.

Top that will extra bulwarks to prevent explosion and decompression propagations. There is just a lot of possibilities about living space, saving commanders (and crew), lifeboats, and general life-savings measures.