Author Topic: changing new task group locations ?  (Read 1359 times)

Offline glawen (OP)

• Leading Rate
  • g
changing new task group locations ?
« on: November 03, 2012, 09:33:35 AM »
Hi,

It's probably a noob question, but how do you create a new task group with an initial location different from Earth.
My main production and shipyard center is now 4 systems away from Earth, but when i create a new TG, it's always located on earth (which is pretty annoying).  I cannot seem to find how to change that.  Do you have to also change your capital location ? Is it possible at all ?

TIA

Offline Jikor

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
Re: changing new task group locations ?
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2012, 02:50:27 PM »
Before you create the group select another group that is at that location. There may be another way but that is the only one I know of.

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2012, 04:16:58 PM »
Hi,

It's probably a noob question, but how do you create a new task group with an initial location different from Earth.
My main production and shipyard center is now 4 systems away from Earth, but when i create a new TG, it's always located on earth (which is pretty annoying).  I cannot seem to find how to change that.  Do you have to also change your capital location ? Is it possible at all ?

TIA

On the History / Officers / Misc tab of the F12 Fleet window there is a Set Task Group position section (which is SM-only). That will allow you to move a task group to any body or jump point in any system.

Steve

Offline Jorgen_CAB

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • J
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2012, 05:30:56 PM »
You could also use the Naval Organization tab to create new TG. When you do the TG should appear where the ships are located that you create them from. I use this tab quite often to quickly create predetermined task groups or sub groups of other task groups.