Author Topic: Prologue  (Read 2084 times)

Offline rawghi (OP)

• Sub-Lieutenant
Prologue
« on: August 25, 2012, 03:27:00 PM »

Welcome to Galactic Foundations.
The aim for this new fiction is to create an universe an keep it through various games. I'd like to give a continuity to my gaming experience in Aurora mainly because I'm always finish "stuck" in the first 100 years of play.
I hope you'll enjoy reading it as I'm enjoy writing it.
I don't want to bother you with "gaming details" so, let's start.

Prologue
(The same as the first image, for users that cannot see it)

2 August 2012
A team led by a young american scientist, Olivia Clarke, discovered the existence of new type of minerals under the Earth surface. These minerals, called "Trans-Newtonian" are theorized to be able to transcend common physics laws.

15 May 2013
AuraCorp Energies, a multinational joint venture between the Earth's biggest mining firms, started drilling operations in Antarctica for Trans-Newtonian minerals.

17 November 2013
Optimov Telemetrics, a russian corporation, build a survey sensor able to detect the presence of Trans-Newtonian minerals on a planet from space.

17 July 2014
The first Trans-Newtonian based technologies are available on markets for industries and final users, common applications of these elments are computers and communications devices.

27 January 2017
Prototypes of TN based engines are showed at T.E.D.

23 December 2017
Scientist Hojo Hisashi, founder and CEO of Hojo Propulsion, build and tested the first Trans-Newtonian Nuclear Thermal Engine. The egine was mounted on a thruster that orbited the Earth for fifteen days at 4,000 kilometers per second.

5 May 2018
During a United Nations meeting, Olivia Clarke estimated that, at the current mining rate, in less than fifty years, all TN minerals will be exhausted.

4 March 2019
The United Nations estabilished the "Space Consortium", a worldwide body with the purpose of join funds and efforts in search of Trans Newtonian minerals in the Solar system.

April 2019

A special UN meeting was kept to define the personnel and the objective of the Consortium. A total of 182 officers, scientists and administrators coming from various nations was distributed between three different space centers: Cape Canaveral, in United States, the Baikonur Space Center in Kazakhistan, and Tanegashima Space Center in Japan.
The first objective would be the mapping of the bodies of the Sol System in search for TN minerals.

The 182 members of the Consortium was subdivided in four offices:

The UNSC (United Nations Space Consortium) Space Operations Office
With the purpose of the management of future space vessels and operations and composed by members of various world Air Forces and Navies, structured in ranks.
The office was put under the command of Vice Admiral Kieran Wilkins.

The UNSC Research Division
Composed by the worlds most brilliant minds and subdivided in autonomous research teams

The UNSC Security Forces
Made from generals and officers of worlds armies. It's purpose was provide security forces to Consortium structures and personnel and it was managed by General Taylor Fry

The UNSC Administration
The last but the most important office. It supervised the other three and it was charged to manage the entire Consortium. It was composed mainly by civilian personnel and led by Stephanie Page.

« Last Edit: August 27, 2012, 04:04:11 PM by rawghi »