Author Topic: Hope, sweet sweet hope  (Read 2981 times)

Offline shadenight123 (OP)

• Sub-Lieutenant
    • Gamer's thoughts-my blog
Hope, sweet sweet hope
« on: August 21, 2011, 02:14:48 PM »
The Dragon emperor office
"the system has been completely and thoroughly checked my emperor. That moon has all the corundium there is."
"begin exploration of jump gate number two, call back cavour surveys ship, send them onto earth's maintenance factories, rehaul the ships, prepare them for the next sorties"
"yes my emperor"
the comunication is then cut off, and the emperor sighs.
It doesn't matter if he can have everything in the world, if he can't have her back.
She was his only happiness, his only reason to not turn the world in flames.
And she was gone.
Dead, because of an accident.
Dead, because she was hard headed just like him. She wanted to see the stars. It didn't matter that her father could buy her off every single observatory of earth, she wanted to see them close.
She even went to the military accademy.
There was just no way to stop her, so he had happily complied, hoping to place her off somewhere safe.
But life didn't like his plans, and she died.
Years had passed, still, even after the coup d'etat, he had once again plunged into depression.
Only the presence of corundium had lifted his spirits. But when it was once again found that only on that moon and on measly quantities...he despaired again.
But the tales told by the crew members of the Cavour ships...those gave him hope.
High hopes too.
maybe, maybe by opening all the jump gates from all the parallel dimensions...maybe she could...or maybe one like her, a parallel her, he would be fine even with a parallel her. Yes...
But the intercom buzzed again.

"who dares speak to the supreme emperor dragon?"
"Neocom enterprises is proud to show you the latest miner...THE WORLDSTRIPPER"
Code: [Select]
WorldStripper class Asteroid Miner    108,350 tons     2200 Crew     2997.4 BP      TCS 2167  TH 750  EM 0
346 km/s     Armour 1-202     Shields 0-0     Sensors 1/1/0/0     Damage Control Rating 1     PPV 0
MSP 17    Max Repair 120 MSP
Asteroid Miner: 20 module(s) producing 400 tons per mineral per annum

Ion Engine E0,7 (5)    Power 150    Fuel Use 7%    Signature 150    Armour 0    Exp 1%
Fuel Capacity 250,000 Litres    Range 59.3 billion km   (1984 days at full power)

This design is classed as a Commercial Vessel for maintenance purposes

"begin refitting the regolos"
"yes my supreme dragon emperor" and the voice is cut off again...

Silence once again entombs his private studio...his chambers...silence except for the crackling sound of the fire in the chimney.
Silence except for the wind, which blows out of the windows, freshly carved into the once thick concrete wall.
It doesn't matter if there's the sun, or the night, as long as he breathes and eats and works there, on the desk were the worlds citizens are his pawns to control and move.

"my supreme emperor" a cold, nasal voice, erupts once more from the intercom.
"yes...you may speak"
"the geosurvey teams have not found more corundium from the asteroids pinpointed"
"you may leave"
"but..."
"what is it? i do not care about sorium or anything else!"
"we have the first reports from the cavours..."
"what do they report"
"we have found it elsewhere"
"were, and...how much?" his voice trembling
"lambda auriae system...69 milions....but..."
"BUT WHAT!? WHAT IS THERE NOW!?"
"it's not easily accessible, only a 0.1..."
"move all the fleets, all the cavours, i don't care as long as it has a sensor MOVE IT THERE! I WANT THAT CORUNDIUM! I WANT IT NOW! MOVE IT!"
"yes my emperor..."
and with that the intercom buzzes off once more...

yes...
yess...
"YEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS" is what the emperor screams to the top of his lungs, before ending wrecked by a series of coughs, while a sharp pain in his chest makes him shiver and fall to the ground...
not now...no, not now...they need me...they need me...
"couugh coughh help...hel..." nobody is near, you wanted to be alone didn't you?
"please...help"
 who do you think will come for you, huh?
"somebody...cough please..."
you had somebody, but you were arrogant. you wanted her for yourself, and she left you. She left you and took your daughter away, then when your daughter came back, you showed her again to the space, far away. and she died. you have noone here for you.
No. One.
You are alone.
You will die alone.
In here, the place you conquered with blood and despair.
And nobody will truly feel sad for you, they'll make you a funeral, a nice one, but that's all "emperor dragon".
...and with foam on his mouth, the emperor dragon closed his eyes.

"he's regaining consciousness" a voice, a female one.
"thank god" a male one.
"do you think he's going to stay stable now, doctor?"
"i don't know...he needs rest now"
were am i?...i look around, and see a strange place...it's...normal, a normal hospital bed, and...my daughter? my heart skips a beat for a moment
"father...everything is going to be fine now"
who's the men next to her? why does she have a wedding ring?
"you nearly scared to death your nephew, falling like that and having a heart attack"
"but...the corundium..."
"the what? maybe it's best if you get some rest dad, don't worry now, everything is fine, just, rest, okay?"
"i...fine...maybe you're right"

a couple of minutes, with the silent beep beep of the machines...what place is he in? where is he? what is all this around him...isn't he the dragon emperor?
but...everywhere...he hears a tick-tack of a nurse moving on high heels. It's strange, nurses don't move around in high heels...but why does he then feel at peace now? why does h...

"DRAGON EMPEROR!" the noise wakes him up, immediately. he his lying on his desk, his chest open, and a men has just finished cpr on him, maybe.
He feels a dull pain now, the electrocardio maybe...
the men seems nearly sad...
"dragon emperor! you're still alive! we tho...i thought...we didn't think..."
"what...where..."
"don't worry! we will take you to the nearest hospital! don't worry!"
"the corundium..."
"do not worry my emperor, the lambda system is full of it. we are fine, you do not need to worry about your childrens future"
"my...childrens?"
"your sons and daugthers of the empire, my emperor..."
"yes...i had forgotten...i truly had forgotten...thank you..." drifting asleep, he finally remembered something. He had lost a daughter. But he had gained billions, and billions of sons and daughters and nephews and grand nephews...he was not alone. He never had been. and never, will he be.
people die all the time, it's not a problem.
it is if you're sending them to die.
i'm not. they just need to learn to be better.
at NOT BREATHING ON MARS!?
they need NOT TO CARE!
my blog (updated 17/12/2011) (updated every saturday):
http://shadenight123.blogspot.com/