Author Topic: C# Aurora v0.x Questions  (Read 183906 times)

Offline Jorgen_CAB

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • J
Re: C# Aurora v0.x Questions
« Reply #285 on: January 19, 2019, 09:01:15 AM »
Thanks for the replies. I had to refresh my memory on how ECM affected missiles in the VB version. It appears that ECM got far better against missiles in C# because it now effects their hit chance, if I'm reading this all correctly.

I wasn't too sure how the lower range would change size 1s but it would probably make them pretty short ranged now that you mention it.

The thing is that a high power setting will be MUCH more fuel costly so as ASM they will only be useful with the highest setting (x6) as either sub munition in a MIRV or very short ranged missiles. The problem with submunitio is that they will have problem fitting all the necessary electronics and will suffer from that and have either very low yield or extremely short range so you have many chances to intercept the first stage. Larger missiles will have more efficient engines but you are also likely to use lower power multiplier on long range missiles now as opposed to always using the highest setting as you did before. Now there will be a real choice.

• MIRVS will be more susceptible at being intercepted.
  • Long range missiles will need to be slower.
  • Short range missiles can be faster.

This will probably make fighters a very good platform for delivering god mid to short range ASM missiles and be one of the stronger ways to conduct offensive warfare without huge losses in life and important equipment. Small missile fire-controls is also more potent now so fighters will have a decently good stand off capability to capital ships.

You will also be able to build much more potent self guided missiles since very small active and passive sensors will be really good now. This can make big long range missiles very potent.

The following users thanked this post: Agoelia, The Forbidden

Offline TMaekler

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #286 on: January 28, 2019, 03:17:13 PM »
Was it anywhere adressed if the C# version will be playable without the launcher app? Or are the language and number settings still relevant?

In regards to "Auto-Assignment of Naval Commanders": both, the primary and secondary assignment priority are of decending order; how about the commander priority? Will that also be a decending order?

"Forced Labor Camps": Do they effect the pacification of an occupied population? Meaning, do they slow that process down, even to a point of driving them into revolts?
« Last Edit: January 28, 2019, 03:42:54 PM by TMaekler »

Offline Father Tim

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #287 on: January 28, 2019, 04:13:05 PM »
Was it anywhere adressed if the C# version will be playable without the launcher app? Or are the language and number settings still relevant?

In regards to "Auto-Assignment of Naval Commanders": both, the primary and secondary assignment priority are of decending order; how about the commander priority? Will that also be a decending order?

"Forced Labor Camps": Do they effect the pacification of an occupied population? Meaning, do they slow that process down, even to a point of driving them into revolts?

1.  Considering that the launcher app is not written, provided, endorsed, or bug-checked by Steve, I am 100% confident that C# Aurora will not require it.
     --  Though not being one to use French/German settings (i.e. comma for decimal separator, etc.) I have no idea how C# handles the "wrong" system settings.

2.  Auto-assignemnt has changed a lot.  "For auto-assignment purposes, each ship class now has a specific rank requirement for its commander, based on its command and control modules."
http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php?topic=8495.msg101818#msg101818

3.  It appears they will speed it up, as each FLB will "consume" a chunk of population, thus reducing the amount of Police Strength needed for occupation.

Offline King-Salomon

• Lieutenant
« Reply #288 on: January 31, 2019, 06:56:41 AM »
Question about the new "Wealth generation Tech":

is the tech reduced to just how much wealth is produced by workers as the text suggests? This would mean that with better tech the trade influence in weath gaining would go down  ??? I thought one of the (minor) goals was to make trade income more significant?  ???

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #289 on: January 31, 2019, 09:30:28 AM »
3.  It appears they will speed it up, as each FLB will "consume" a chunk of population, thus reducing the amount of Police Strength needed for occupation.

Created the forced labour camp generates extra unrest and I don't think pacification moves forward while unrest exists.

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #290 on: January 31, 2019, 09:34:49 AM »
Question about the new "Wealth generation Tech":

is the tech reduced to just how much wealth is produced by workers as the text suggests? This would mean that with better tech the trade influence in weath gaining would go down  ??? I thought one of the (minor) goals was to make trade income more significant?  ???

As a baseline each million workers generates 100 wealth. The first wealth tech raises that to 120 wealth per million, the second tech raises it to 140 per million, etc.

The income from trade grows separately as shipping lines create more ships and populations grow and create more trading opportunities. Trade income should generally increase as a proportion of wealth over time.

Offline TMaekler

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #291 on: January 31, 2019, 10:40:48 AM »

Created the forced labour camp generates extra unrest and I don't think pacification moves forward while unrest exists.
Will the existence of forced labour camps keep unrest there or would that fade out after some time; and if you wait long enough everyone wouldn't bother with it any longer and just accepts, that they are there?

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #292 on: January 31, 2019, 11:03:30 AM »
Will the existence of forced labour camps keep unrest there or would that fade out after some time; and if you wait long enough everyone wouldn't bother with it any longer and just accepts, that they are there?

It is a one off increase in unrest at the point of creation.

http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php?topic=8495.msg105681;topicseen#msg105681

Offline Father Tim

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #293 on: February 07, 2019, 02:57:01 AM »
Will C# Aurora allow the placing of GRAV sensors on missiles?  I note that   http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php?topic=8495.msg103096#msg103096  mentions GEO sensors, but nothng about those pesky jump point surveys.

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #294 on: February 07, 2019, 05:07:58 AM »
Will C# Aurora allow the placing of GRAV sensors on missiles?  I note that   http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php?topic=8495.msg103096#msg103096  mentions GEO sensors, but nothng about those pesky jump point surveys.

Not at the moment, but interesting idea.

Offline space dwarf

• Chief Petty Officer
  • s
« Reply #295 on: February 07, 2019, 05:37:22 AM »
Do NPRs count firing missiles of any type in the same system as their vessels as a hostile action?

If so that could lead to some fun scenarios where they think they're being fired on (But its just a mass-produced survey missile), and vice versa if NPRs use survey missiles themself.

Offline The Forbidden

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • T
« Reply #296 on: February 07, 2019, 06:09:09 AM »
Do NPRs count firing missiles of any type in the same system as their vessels as a hostile action?

If so that could lead to some fun scenarios where they think they're being fired on (But its just a mass-produced survey missile), and vice versa if NPRs use survey missiles themself.

I don't remember well but I think it's upon taking damage, not being fired at (feel free to correct me if I'm wrong). Still I doesn't need to be coded in, a quid pro quo like that could be a nice RP scenario.

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #297 on: February 07, 2019, 07:17:46 AM »

Not in VB6. I haven't coded diplomacy yet for C#.

The following users thanked this post: dukea42

Offline The Forbidden

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • T
« Reply #298 on: February 07, 2019, 07:43:31 AM »

Not in VB6. I haven't coded diplomacy yet for C#.

So the NPRs are always hostile in your campaign ?

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #299 on: February 07, 2019, 09:22:10 AM »
So the NPRs are always hostile in your campaign ?

I'll code it when I meet one :)