Author Topic: State of diplomacy and Espionage  (Read 1799 times)

Offline Salva (OP)

• Leading Rate
  • S
State of diplomacy and Espionage
« on: May 01, 2020, 05:18:00 PM »
Hello there,

I have a question related to the diplomacy window and the general use of ambassadors. 

I currently start a game, where I have two manually added NPRs in the SOL System.  I have sent diplomatic ships to both. . .  However with mixed results. 

1.  The diplomatic relations to an NPR do not improve above 0, until they send a diplomat back to me. . .  Is that correct or am I missing something?

2.  I got the report about having acquired specifics for some NPR Tech or Component, like "Scanner #a11" , but I cannot seem to find them in the NPRs summary window.  Is this not implemented yet?

Best regards
Salva

Offline Ekaton

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • E
Re: State of diplomacy and Espionage
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2020, 06:55:09 PM »
I’d also love to know whether diplomacy has been fixed.

Offline Froggiest1982

• Gold Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • F
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2020, 07:46:18 PM »
As per 1.9.3 yes.

Doesnt mean it's perfect but what Steve wanted was to have the ground rules to work before moving into expanding it.

Currently the only uncertain point is the trade, some pkayers reporting issues with it many others don't. This could be related to numerous other factors though.

Offline Ehndras

• Voidwalker
  • E
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2020, 09:26:39 PM »
How does this work? Diplo module on a ship and just. . .  I guess park it in a system they own?
"Boop!" goes the thermonuclear missile salvo

Offline Froggiest1982

• Gold Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • F
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2020, 09:39:29 PM »
How does this work? Diplo module on a ship and just. . .  I guess park it in a system they own?

http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php?topic=8495.msg120024#msg120024

Offline DIT_grue

• Lieutenant
  • D
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2020, 11:40:27 PM »
1.  The diplomatic relations to an NPR do not improve above 0, until they send a diplomat back to me. . .  Is that correct or am I missing something?

You never see their opinion of you (which your ambassador(s) are working to raise - and off the top of my head I think I remember something about only needing one diplomacy module in a system; I suggest looking it up in the Changes table of contents thread). What you do see is your opinion of them (which you might roleplay as your civilians' view or something, depending on what story you're telling), which their ambassador is contributing to.

Offline Garfunkel

• Registered
  • Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2020, 01:35:22 AM »
Yeah, that's something that gets overlooked far too often - there are 2 diplomacy "scores". Their opinion of you and your opinion of them.

Offline Ehndras

• Voidwalker
  • E
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2020, 01:46:33 AM »
Ohh, gotcha! THanks, those posts helped a ton.  Just read all 16 pages of Steve's C# feature updates and I learned a LOT :)
"Boop!" goes the thermonuclear missile salvo

Offline Salva (OP)

• Leading Rate
  • S
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2020, 03:07:16 AM »
Thanks, that explains the diplomacy relations experience, i already assumed something like this.

Regarding espionage, however, i still believe, it is not yet fully implemented:

"Detailled information has been obtained (200IP) about the Active Search Sensor AS20-R5, from the United Nations of Earth.  This sensor is known to us as the AS #13. "

I get events like this, but the race overview or my technology does not show it.

Offline Zhatelier

• Chief Petty Officer
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2020, 03:39:41 AM »
As per 1.9.3 yes.

Doesnt mean it's perfect but what Steve wanted was to have the ground rules to work before moving into expanding it.

Currently the only uncertain point is the trade, some pkayers reporting issues with it many others don't. This could be related to numerous other factors though.
The trade uncertainty is mostly about foreign trade, at least races in the same system don't seem to trade with each other, but that could be due to profit margins being too small. Haven't had time to do another test in 1.9.x to see if foreign trade over multiple jumps actually happens or not.

Offline Ametsala

• Petty Officer
  • A
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2020, 05:14:22 AM »
Thanks, that explains the diplomacy relations experience, i already assumed something like this.

"Detailled information has been obtained (200IP) about the Active Search Sensor AS20-R5, from the United Nations of Earth.  This sensor is known to us as the AS #13. "

I get events like this, but the race overview or my technology does not show it.

I think these components would show in the list of known ship classes for ships that have the component. So, if the components have not been observed on any ship, they can't actually be seen in the Intelligence and Foreign Relations window.

Offline Father Tim

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2020, 07:45:34 AM »

I think these components would show in the list of known ship classes for ships that have the component. So, if the components have not been observed on any ship, they can't actually be seen in the Intelligence and Foreign Relations window.

Intelligence & Foreign Relations window
Known Class tab
"Observed Weapons
Obseved Sensors
Observed Technology" mini-window

Offline Salva (OP)

• Leading Rate
  • S
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2020, 01:59:58 AM »
Yes, there are other sensors, but not the one I spied.  I have my spy ship directly on the NPR capital and know all build ships.  I guess it is in a design they have not built yet. 

To this point I stole knowledge about that sensor and some tracking speed tech, which should be visible in the NPRs tech report.  As it does not show, it semms to be not implemented. . . 

Offline Froggiest1982

• Gold Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • F
« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2020, 02:01:50 AM »
Yes, there are other sensors, but not the one I spied.  I have my spy ship directly on the NPR capital and know all build ships.  I guess it is in a design they have not built yet. 

To this point I stole knowledge about that sensor and some tracking speed tech, which should be visible in the NPRs tech report.  As it does not show, it semms to be not implemented. . .

Would be really nice to know. Could you post your database to the bug report?

Offline Father Tim

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2020, 05:17:26 AM »

Did you refresh the window to ensure you're looking at the latest info?