Author Topic: Troop transport and drop module.  (Read 1371 times)

Offline Sheb (OP)

• Commodore
Troop transport and drop module.
« on: April 13, 2011, 01:49:50 PM »
Okay, so I've started to toy around with ground troops, and I'm not sure what to do with Drop module. They're used to board ships that I know, but are they used to land quickly on a planet? Put otherwise, do I need a dropship to efficiently invade a planet? What would happen if I were to unload troops on an hostile planet?

Also, is it possible to transfer troop in flight, so that I can have a large, civilian troop transport and a small, fast dropship to board ships?

Offline Charlie Beeler

• Registered
  • Vice Admiral
Re: Troop transport and drop module.
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2011, 02:15:56 PM »
Okay, so I've started to toy around with ground troops, and I'm not sure what to do with Drop module. They're used to board ships that I know, but are they used to land quickly on a planet? Put otherwise, do I need a dropship to efficiently invade a planet? What would happen if I were to unload troops on an hostile planet?

Also, is it possible to transfer troop in flight, so that I can have a large, civilian troop transport and a small, fast dropship to board ships?

Judicious use of the Search tool would answer this question.

http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php/topic,1680.0.html
Amateurs study tactics, Professionals study logistics - paraphrase attributed to Gen Omar Bradley

Offline Sheb (OP)

• Commodore
Re: Troop transport and drop module.
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2011, 02:18:37 PM »
Ooooops, I get a merit a slap on the head for laziness. Excuse me.