Author Topic: Passive-Active Sensors. Also adding officers.  (Read 1236 times)

Offline Felius (OP)

• Chief Petty Officer
  • F
Passive-Active Sensors. Also adding officers.
« on: April 15, 2011, 05:25:53 PM »
So, the receiving part of the active sensors are based on the passive sensors.  Does that means it also works as a passive sensor normally/when turned off?

So, there's a button on the officer screen, that I don't even have to be Space Master, that can add an arbitrary amount of officers? Is that meant to be there in non-SM mode? Is there some drawback from using it?

Offline sloanjh

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
Re: Passive-Active Sensors. Also adding officers.
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2011, 07:54:27 PM »
So, the receiving part of the active sensors are based on the passive sensors.  Does that means it also works as a passive sensor normally/when turned off?
No.
So, there's a button on the officer screen, that I don't even have to be Space Master, that can add an arbitrary amount of officers? Is that meant to be there in non-SM mode? Is there some drawback from using it?
I don't remember the discussion of this, but I would treat it as an SM function.  I know of no drawbacks, other than performance if you make a bazillion officers.

John

Offline Thiosk

• Commodore
Re: Passive-Active Sensors. Also adding officers.
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2011, 08:16:01 PM »
yeah so with that button, thats how i was making captains.  I've noticed that as ships roll off the assembly line, there seems to be more captain promotions opening up.  So I don't always get the captains I want, but I don't have more R3 positions than R3 officers.