Author Topic: Underperforming terraforming ships  (Read 1801 times)

Offline Theodidactus (OP)

• Registered
  • Commodore
Underperforming terraforming ships
« on: March 01, 2015, 09:53:33 AM »
I have a huge fleet of 12 terraformers in orbit around a planet, they are very large and have multiple modules...
but the planet below lists 7.5 modules in orbit, and a very very slow terraforming rate.
how'd that happen?
My Theodidactus, now I see that you are excessively simple of mind and more gullible than most. The Crystal Sphere you seek cannot be found in nature, look about you...wander the whole cosmos, and you will find nothing but the clear sweet breezes of the great ethereal ocean enclosed not by any bound

Offline MarcAFK

• Vice Admiral
  • ...it's so simple an idiot could have devised it..
Re: Underperforming terraforming ships
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2015, 10:04:31 AM »
As I recall orbital habitats, asteroid miners, terraformers, fuel harvesters, and possibly maintenance modules sometimes bug when you send them to join a pre-existing task group stationed at a planet, I think the solution is to send them to the planet first then join the old task group. Another workaround which I know works is to tell the whole group to move away then back again.
" Why is this godforsaken hellhole worth dying for? "
". . .  We know nothing about them, their language, their history or what they look like.  But we can assume this.  They stand for everything we don't stand for.  Also they told me you guys look like dorks. "
"Stop exploding, you cowards.  "

Offline Rich.h

• Captain
  • R
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2015, 05:40:38 AM »
This happens with lots of things as always comes down to the task forces not being at the actual location. In this case the game does not recognise the task force as being at the colony, make sure the task force has been orders to "move to" the colony (not planet). They should then show up in the colony window as terraformers in orbit.

Offline Paul M

• Vice Admiral
  • P
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2015, 07:07:02 AM »
This happens often with the "join" command.  If I detach tankers from a jump group to refuel when they rejoin I have to tell the group to "go to the jump point" and then jump, even though the tankers detached from the group at the jump point, the group never moved and so on.

You don't have to send them away after joining, just give the group they joined the command "go to planet x" and all should be well.

Offline xeryon

• Captain
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2015, 08:14:18 AM »
Tell the terraformer task group to 'move to' the planet they are already at (doesn't matter if they even have engines) and run a 5 second turn to 'reset' the database so that it recalculates the terraforming capacity present at the system body.

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2015, 01:28:58 PM »
The game needs to know which population is affected by terraformers (as you can have multiple pops from the same Empire on the same planet and each one can set different terraforming instructions).

Any time you need to send a new terraformer to join an existing group, order them to the population around which the group is orbiting, followed by the join command. It doesn't matter if both orders execute in the same sub-pulse.

Also, you can open the ship window and set the population manually (in the top right)