Author Topic: What's going on in your empire/planet/battlefield?  (Read 266199 times)

Offline Barkhorn

• Commodore
  • B
Re: What's going on in your empire/planet/battlefield?
« Reply #1740 on: August 08, 2017, 07:16:22 PM »
My current campaign in numbers:

Years played: 100
Number of player controlled factions: 4
Population: 48 968 million
Inhabited planets: 202
Factories (all types): 62 416
Mines: 13 221
Automated mines: 63 097
Naval capacity: 5 506 550 tonnes
Commercial capacity: 14 216 500 tonnes
Fighters: 3 532
Gunboats: 2 324
Major warships: 2 700
Commercial ships: 6 546
Privately owned civilian ships: 3 070
Missiles in service: 1 610 764
Anti-missiles in service: 2 600 999
How long does a 30-day increment take?  30 days?

Offline Haji

• Captain
« Reply #1741 on: August 08, 2017, 11:45:35 PM »
For me, all numbers but the first would be a lot lower, are you that amazing, or am I this crap?

I think this is simply the case of different starting positions and the overall campaign structure. I begun with three nations with combined population of over a billion, one of which started with magneto-plasma drives, just as an example of said differences.

Naval capacity: I'm not sure what this is. . .
Commercial capacity: see above

I should probably have written "naval shipyard capacity". It is the total tonnage your shipyards can work on at any given time. A single shipyard with ten slipways of a thousand tonnes each have a total capacity of ten thousand tonnes, as an example. The capacity can be checked in the shipyard screen (just above the shipyards themselves) for a total planetary capacity or on the comparison screen for total faction capacity. To put it simply I work on five millions tonnes of warships at any given time.

How long does a 30-day increment take?  30 days?

The campaign is played in 6.43 version (I've been playing it on and off for about three years now, maybe longer, don't really remember) so the interrupts are frequent and annoying, making it impossible for me to get a full 30 day increment. The best I can do on a consistent basis are one day increments. However an industrial increment (where production, body movement and so on are calculated) takes 15-30 minutes. I think. I never really bothered to check. One day increments take 1-3 minutes.

Offline superstrijder15

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • s
« Reply #1742 on: August 09, 2017, 03:23:44 AM »
Quote from: Haji link=topic=3808. msg103847#msg103847 date=1502253935
I should probably have written "naval shipyard capacity".  It is the total tonnage your shipyards can work on at any given time.  A single shipyard with ten slipways of a thousand tonnes each have a total capacity of ten thousand tonnes, as an example.  The capacity can be checked in the shipyard screen (just above the shipyards themselves) for a total planetary capacity or on the comparison screen for total faction capacity.  To put it simply I work on five millions tonnes of warships at any given time. 
With me that would be 148k naval and 376k commercial, relatively high compared to my numbers of ships.  I also had some issues with resources a few times, leading to me building only what I need atm, and thus to shipyards only working for a small part of the time.

Offline Sarganto

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
« Reply #1743 on: August 10, 2017, 09:41:50 AM »
My current campaign in numbers:

Years played: 100
Number of player controlled factions: 4
Population: 48 968 million
Inhabited planets: 202
Factories (all types): 62 416
Mines: 13 221
Automated mines: 63 097
Naval capacity: 5 506 550 tonnes
Commercial capacity: 14 216 500 tonnes
Fighters: 3 532
Gunboats: 2 324
Major warships: 2 700
Commercial ships: 6 546
Privately owned civilian ships: 3 070
Missiles in service: 1 610 764
Anti-missiles in service: 2 600 999
I feel like you are someone who would enjoy playing "War in the Pacific". Both games possibly would take the same time to "finish" a single campaign.

Offline ExChairman

• Bronze Supporter
  • Commodore
  • E
  • Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter : Support the forums with a Bronze subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
« Reply #1744 on: August 14, 2017, 10:52:16 AM »
I hate myself! 4 days and 23 hours gone by and its time for the next ground combat soon.. Press the 5 day cycle as I see the report of a group of new ships that enters my sensor range. 52 minutes later, some 300 hundred missiles hits my invasion troops, killing tens of thousands... Out of 12 Divisions 5 armored and 1 mechanized is destroyed almost every other unit takes losses. I went from 9500 to 3700 in combat power...  :-X  Could have been worse, my transport fleet is bringing in 8 more armored divisions, they are 3.5 hours from the planet... Its now nuclear winter on that site, minis 28 degree Celsius
« Last Edit: August 14, 2017, 11:13:41 AM by ExChairman »
Veni, Vedi, Volvo
"Granström"

Wargame player and Roleplayer for 33 years...

Offline I_Sicarius_I

• Chief Petty Officer
  • I
« Reply #1745 on: September 04, 2017, 04:34:40 AM »
You have 10 warships in 90 years? I can produce 90 warships in 10 years lol
Im about
107 years in
PCF 1
Pop smeg i dunno 15billion maybe
Only about 15 planets
No idea on these im at work
Fighters 500ish
Gunboats 0
Major warships wanna go with 30-40 ( should be noted i havet built a military until the last 9-10 years when i moved out of starting system)
Commercial ships 12-15
Private i think theres 10
No idea about missiles and whatnot probable 10k of each

Offline GodEmperor

• Commander
« Reply #1746 on: September 06, 2017, 01:42:15 PM »

Well smeg that is nice to see on a new game started with 100 mln people and minimal industry ;D

EDIT: well crap, Magneto Plasma Engines by the time i launched my first geo fighter ... :)
« Last Edit: September 06, 2017, 02:31:11 PM by Lossmar »
."I am Colonel-Commissar Ibram Gaunt. I am known as a fair man, unless I am pushed.
You have just pushed me."

Offline Mastik

• Lieutenant
  • M
« Reply #1747 on: September 10, 2017, 08:57:34 PM »
Starting a new game based on the Empire Rising series of books.  Weapons will be limited to AAMs, ASMs, and plasma.  Laser tech is available, but due to high power requirements are (for now) limited to planetary/orbital defense.

Corvettes, frigates, destroyers will be mostly for AAM, with limited ASM capabilities.  Cruisers (L, M, H), Battlecrusiers, battleships for ASM, and AAM.  All ships will be lightly armored (armor is expensive), a few missile hits could ruin your day.

Ship designs will be loosely based on English, WWII designs.

Offline Garfunkel

• Registered
  • Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #1748 on: September 13, 2017, 09:43:23 AM »
Starting a new game based on the Empire Rising series of books.
This one:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Void-War-Empire-Rising-Book-ebook/dp/B0144Z9CIW

Is it any good? There is so much crappy mil sci fi out there.

Offline GodEmperor

• Commander
« Reply #1749 on: September 13, 2017, 10:24:31 AM »
So i saved my UNSC game yesterday..
I come home from work, i start Aurora and im greeted by those two lovely errors

And i cant frakking continue my game and last 10 hours of playing just went to smeg :/
Just frakking kill me now.....
."I am Colonel-Commissar Ibram Gaunt. I am known as a fair man, unless I am pushed.
You have just pushed me."

Offline smoelf

• Commander
  • 2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #1750 on: September 20, 2017, 04:22:39 AM »
I just got really excited

I had already surveyed this system a long time ago and only found two jump points. A while back a few ships from The Sad Confederation (I did not name them) arrived in Gypsum, a system under my control, but they came from a direction I had not expected. Or rather, it seemed impossible that they would have been able to get there without being discovered by any of my sensors along the way.

I knew that Alluyen, the system of The Sad Confederation, had two unexplored jump points, which I had not been able to explore because they have parked their entire fleet at the Charis jump point, my only access to their system, which had previous caused me massive losses.

I started to suspect that there might be an undiscovered jump point in a previously surveyed system. Instead of completely wiping out all of the ships that arrived in Gypsum, I sent most of the fleet home to conserve fuel, which is a real problem right now, and ordered a small squadron to follow the remaining two ships as they were retreating. We followed them to Lancaster at a distance of 450 million km, and saw them jump through to Parakoila. As we squadron jumped through and spotted them on the active sensor, they started heading towards us. We had no choice but to shoot them down.

The lead had turned cold, but as soon as a survey ship was ready I sent them to Parakoila to conduct a new survey. With the above result. There is a good chance I have found a back entrance into Alluyen, which means I can actually fight their fleet without worrying about transit delay, which destroyed my fleet last time. Now I only need to send a scout in to figure out which jump point it leads to or if there is any systems between us.

Having to use actual tactics like these is part of what makes this game awesome.

Map for reference:

Offline Mastik

• Lieutenant
  • M
« Reply #1751 on: September 20, 2017, 06:00:41 AM »
This one:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Void-War-Empire-Rising-Book-ebook/dp/B0144Z9CIW

Is it any good? There is so much crappy mil sci fi out there.

I dont know if it is good or bad, i liked reading the series.

Offline Mastik

• Lieutenant
  • M
« Reply #1752 on: September 24, 2017, 06:20:32 PM »
Decided since V8 will no longer have PDCs i will not be building anymore.

Year 41

Sol system thoroughly scouted, 6 portals discovered.  1 with a gate already built.  2 systems also explored.  (unarmed)Scout ships and a tanker are sent through portal #3 (the one with a gate) to find a gate, and a thermal contact on the far side  :'( .  Fleet scatters for home, with the alien ship not far behind.  Experts told us there would be no alien life out there, how wrong they were!  Diplomatic relations have gone well.  No shots have been fired.

Alien ship stopped in orbit over earth, and has moved on.  Appears to be a (unarmed) geological survey vessel.

Sensor and Point defense orbitals have moved into the construction queues.

Offline smoelf

• Commander
  • 2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #1753 on: September 25, 2017, 02:18:11 AM »
That was close. The task group Survey 1 had just jumped back from a new system only to realize they had been followed by a small hostile fleet. Being too close and too slow to even think about escaping, they reduced the engines to a minimum in a hope to avoid detection. So far it seems to be working. The hostiles are heading in the opposite direction, but woe unto Survey 1 if turn on their active sensors. They can only hope.

Offline Mastik

• Lieutenant
  • M
« Reply #1754 on: September 26, 2017, 07:17:39 AM »
Earths new neighbors call themselves the Jiroft Host.  Diplomacy continues, and trade has opened between the 2 species.  The host appear to prefer a colder climate, than humans.  All other requirements seem to be similar.

We completed gate construction into Barnard's Star, where Planet A-I is very suitable for both species, and has a high mineral content.  The race is on to see who lays the biggest claim to the planet.  Terraformers have been sent to ensure the best climate for humanity, and a division of our best troops to ensure the safety of our people.