Author Topic: Getting the Invader Techs  (Read 2863 times)

Offline Karlito (OP)

• Chief Petty Officer
  • K
Getting the Invader Techs
« on: May 18, 2013, 03:19:50 PM »
I'm planning a new campaign, and I'm wondering if there's a way to acquire the Invader techs other than waiting around for a wormhole to spawn and recovering Invader wrecks. I've taken a peek at the Invaders in designer mode and they don't even seem to have the Plasma Torpedo or Absorption Shield techs when the game is first generated. Any ideas?

Offline Nathan_

• Pulsar 4x Dev
  • Commodore
  • N
Re: Getting the Invader Techs
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2013, 06:00:59 PM »
the special techs are ruins only now.

Offline Whitecold

• Commander
  • W
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2013, 12:55:53 AM »
How big are the chances for getting those techs? Is there any other requirement? I have excavated quite a few ruins in different games, and never found a single one of the required techs.

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2013, 02:41:24 AM »
The plasma torpedoes were causing some issues in terms of gameplay slowdown. For example, the smaller Invader ships couldn't break Swarm shields but they would keep trying indefinitely. Therefore I've changed their tech for the moment. At some point I will go back and create a new set of 'alien' tech that doesn't cause as many issues.

Steve

Offline Whitecold

• Commander
  • W
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2013, 08:14:22 AM »
Sorry, I'm confused now. The tech is still available by excavating ruins, and I just had bad luck until now, or is it completely removed right now?

Offline Brian Neumann

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2013, 01:22:12 PM »
The invader techs are still out there.  Getting them through ruins is a chancy business as the tech awarded is totally random among all the techs available.  This also only happens with research labs.  Some of the other installations also have a chance of getting a tech in a related field.  For example you can sometimes get better mining rates from recovering a mine, or better factory rates from recovery of a factory.

In addition there is a problem with the invader special weapon.  Currently the Plasma torps don't work.  They run out of fuel the instant they are launched.  This probably has something to do with recent changes to the engines and the use of fuel.

Brian