Author Topic: Official v5.42 Bugs Thread  (Read 68327 times)

Offline voknaar

• Lt. Commander
Re: Official v5.42 Bugs Thread
« Reply #30 on: March 20, 2011, 05:31:31 PM »
The refresh button on the system map doesn't refresh the list of known ruins under display 2. Only way is to exit the window and open it again to get the new ruin information.

Edit because i'm cool: Also in the system generation and display screen the delete star button is visible and can be used regardless of being in SM mode to delete secondary stars and all bodies orbiting it. Should be a quick fix to hide it when playing in non-SM mode.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2011, 05:39:19 PM by voknaar »

Offline Thiosk

• Commodore
« Reply #31 on: March 20, 2011, 07:10:50 PM »
Was sending colonists and infrastructure to my first extrasolar colony.

Clicked a couple +months because it was a  long trip, and not much else going on except me going into the poor house.

happened on ship arrival, was supposed to deposit colonists and infrastructure.

Error in ExecuteOrders
Error 94 was generated by Aurora
Invalid Use of Null

A second one popped up when the same task group went back to the planet, and was ordered to unload everything again.

bug 2
Ive been having a few problems with ships doing the first half of their conditional orders-- say, pick up a mine from a pop, and getting stuck without doing the other half-- drop off the mine at a mining colony.
And come to think of it... i've got four commercial shipping line freighters stuck at earth "loading trade goods."

They've been "loading" their trade goods for months now.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2011, 08:00:05 PM by Thiosk »

Offline voknaar

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #32 on: March 20, 2011, 09:07:48 PM »
Found a bunch of wrecks early on in my explorations eventually got around to salvage ship + cargoship combo to go out and see what goodies i can snatch. I left it to its thing and then magicly got an "error in SalvageWreck error 6 overflow" I know why its happening every construction cycle... for some reason the size is 25039950 tons which is epicly huge or epicly bugged my vote is on the latter. But even if i could salvage it i'd need WAAY more cargo ships :(

Offline Father Tim

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #33 on: March 20, 2011, 11:30:17 PM »
The 'Retire officers who haven't had a job in six years' code triggers regardless of whether Automated Assignments have been selected or not.  Also regardless of whether Realistic Commander Promotions is selected or not.  In other words, there's no way to turn it off.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2011, 03:43:31 PM by Father Tim »

Offline Thiosk

• Commodore
« Reply #34 on: March 21, 2011, 01:52:54 AM »
Things were running slow after my last bug.  Something to do with unseen aliens shooting eachother I think.

Error in CycleOrders

Error 3421 was generated by DAO.Field
Data type conversion error.

Things were locking up, and I eventually just ticked 1hr increments until this occured, walked away, adn the bug appeared on the screen.

Reboots and it comes back on the next increments.  This may be the end of my endeavour.

Edit:  YEP.  Game over, methinks, restarted and backed up copies of the database this time.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2011, 10:09:20 PM by Thiosk »

Offline Ziusudra

• Lt. Commander
  • Z
« Reply #35 on: March 21, 2011, 12:25:22 PM »
XP SP3

When setting the F9 System Info screen to use one of the "ggx.jpg" pictures for a body it will set it, but the next time it tries to access the picture it will try to use "gx.jpg" and crash. Somehow it loses a "g". ("x" is a number.) For example, set Jupiter to gg10.jpg, then click on its line and the game gives the error of not finding "g10.jpg" and crashes. Renaming the file(s) with 1 "g" prevents this.

Code: [Select]
---------------------------
Error in cboControlRace
Error 53 was generated by Aurora
File not found: 'Planetjpeg\g10.jpg'
Please report to http://aurora2.pentarch.org/viewforum.php?f=11
OK   
Aurora
Run-time error '53':

OK   

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
  • Discord Username: icehawke
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #36 on: March 21, 2011, 08:15:10 PM »
Had a ship being built and assigned to a fleet. Prior to construction, said fleet was removed via the Task Force Organization. Ship completes and is assigned to "Unknown". Also throws a couple errors in CreateShip and AddToShipHistory. Ship is vaporized. Does not exist on the f6 screen. Ship does not exist in the database either.

Offline Zed 6

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • Z
« Reply #37 on: March 21, 2011, 08:18:15 PM »
XP SP3

When setting the F9 System Info screen to use one of the "ggx.jpg" pictures for a body it will set it, but the next time it tries to access the picture it will try to use "gx.jpg" and crash. Somehow it loses a "g". ("x" is a number.) For example, set Jupiter to gg10.jpg, then click on its line and the game gives the error of not finding "g10.jpg" and crashes. Renaming the file(s) with 1 "g" prevents this.

Error in cboControlRace
Error 53 was generated by Aurora
Please report to http://aurora2.pentarch.org/viewforum.php?f=11
OK   
Aurora
Run-time error '53':

OK   

This also happened to me with Windows 7 with Jupiter but not with other pictures.

Offline sloanjh

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #38 on: March 21, 2011, 10:19:56 PM »
In the bottom middle panel (under the Mothership/Population/... selector) of the Ordnance Management tab of the Unit (F6) screen, the contents of the panel (with available ammo) doesn't update when the source or ship are changed.  For example if I switch from an FFG Sides on Earth with Population selected (so I see all the missiles I've got sitting in warehouses) to an FFG Flatley in space, I still see the loadout of Earth in the panel.

This would not be so bad, except it couples with a different bug....  If I now hit the "Population" button in the "fast reload" section, I get a couple of errors about the (non-existent) population and all of Flatley's missles disappear.  I think I remember something similar a couple of years ago, and at the time they vanished into thin air - I suspect the same happened here since there's no population to put them on.

John

PS - I could have role-played this as a weird alien dematerialization event, but instead I SM'd what I thought the current load (before the "incident") was.

Offline davidr

• Gold Supporter
  • Lt. Commander
  • d
  • 2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
« Reply #39 on: March 22, 2011, 02:37:11 AM »
Steve,

A minor point , but for some reason the total tonnage of minerals shown in a mineral packet on the system screen is always more than the total of the individual mineral amounts making up that package.

DavidR

PS Please ignore this - looking further ,  I assume the mineral packages have decimal parts of material tonnage and the totals do agree.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2011, 10:53:31 AM by davidr »

Offline dooots

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • d
« Reply #40 on: March 22, 2011, 04:03:37 AM »
Had a ship being built and assigned to a fleet. Prior to construction, said fleet was removed via the Task Force Organization. Ship completes and is assigned to "Unknown". Also throws a couple errors in CreateShip and AddToShipHistory. Ship is vaporized. Does not exist on the f6 screen. Ship does not exist in the database either.

I just had this happen also.  It was working fine the last time I played and when I started playing tonight the ships that were being built worked fine but the new ones I added tonight had this error.  So I guess something is not getting saved.

Hmm now that I think about it I might have moved my cargo ships into the cargo task group before I started up the next two, and I think the that last time I played I always started more ships before moving the newly built cargos into the cargo task group.

Yep it looks like thats what happened.
To reproduce:
Make a task group
open/refresh the f2 screen
delete the task group
make a ship using the task group you just deleted
in the Shipyard Task tab of the f2 screen it should say No assignment under Assigned Task Group

I don't know if its the same bug Erik had but I'm pretty sure that is what happened to me.

Offline Thiosk

• Commodore
« Reply #41 on: March 22, 2011, 05:51:51 AM »
Hey i found a fun one this time, rather than an annoying one.

If you have a fleet of asteroid miners at a location, mining away, and send another fleet of miners to join with that task group, the two taskgroups will merge as expected, but the new miners will not mine.

You must move the task group away from the location, then move it back and all the miners will mine as expected.

Offline Shadow

• Commander
  • Race Maker Race Maker : Creating race images
« Reply #42 on: March 22, 2011, 09:56:23 AM »
Error in ApplyInternalDamage

Error 6 was generated by Aurora
Overflow

I'm not involved in any battles. Hell, I haven't even made contact with anything save a few drifting wrecks (including a 25-million-ton one, penny for your thoughts), but it seems some NPRs are slugging it out pretty hard. I'm getting considerable amounts of this error in bursts right now. I suppose it'll go away once one side is dead, but I had to report this.

Offline Ziusudra

• Lt. Commander
  • Z
« Reply #43 on: March 23, 2011, 01:52:37 PM »
Assigning a battalion to a BHQ that they are already currently assigned to reduces their morale (by accidentally clicking the transfer button twice, for example.)

Edit: Also, assigning a battalion to a BHQ, then clearing the assignment and assigning them to a different BHQ does not reduce morale. I think clearing an assignment would reduce morale (if they were actually assigned to a BHQ.)
« Last Edit: March 23, 2011, 02:00:55 PM by Ziusudra »

Offline Narmio

• Lieutenant
  • N
« Reply #44 on: March 23, 2011, 07:52:59 PM »
a few drifting wrecks (including a 25-million-ton one, penny for your thoughts)

Holy crap!  Want.