Author Topic: Space Station Deployment Questions  (Read 1351 times)

Offline Coleslaw (OP)

• I got the Versacis on, stop playin'!
  • Warrant Officer, Class 2
Space Station Deployment Questions
« on: April 17, 2020, 11:02:41 PM »
If I want to build a space station, does it require the recreational module to automatically relieve its own crew? As such, would I then be able to set the deployment time to something like 0.1 months to save on crew space? Or are rec modules, like in VB6, still only for use at bodies, and for other ships? Alternatively, unless I want to relieve other ship crews that stop at the space station, does the space station even need a rec module?

Thanks in advance.

Edit: Unrelated question, but where can I find what the medals under my profile icon mean?
« Last Edit: April 17, 2020, 11:08:41 PM by Coleslaw35 »

Offline Father Tim

• Vice Admiral
Re: Space Station Deployment Questions
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2020, 11:13:56 PM »
If I want to build a space station, does it require the recreational module to automatically relieve its own crew? As such, would I then be able to set the deployment time to something like 0.1 months to save on crew space? Or are rec modules, like in VB6, still only for use at bodies, and for other ships? Alternatively, unless I want to relieve other ship crews that stop at the space station, does the space station even need a rec module?

Thanks in advance.

Edit: Unrelated question, but where can I find what the medals under my profile icon mean?

I believe recreational modules still only function when "at" a colony, but I'm only 2/3rds sure of that.  It's well worth testing.

- - - - -

Unrelated answer:  Collectively what each one means is you've reached the half-way point to the next 'promotion' of your title by post count.  If instead you want to know what each one individually means, you 'll need to do an image search.

Edit:  VADM Father Tim, Hero of the Draconis Combine, et al.

Offline Alsadius

• Lieutenant
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2020, 11:17:19 PM »
In C#, all stations are commercial. Does morale matter for commercial ships? I didn't think it did - I set my deployment times for RP reasons, but I thought I was just wasting space tbh.

Offline DFNewb

• Captain
  • D
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2020, 11:20:34 PM »
In C#, all stations are commercial. Does morale matter for commercial ships? I didn't think it did - I set my deployment times for RP reasons, but I thought I was just wasting space tbh.

Yea I recently realized that commercial ships only need a minimum deployment time (I think 3 months) and they should be fine forever when it comes to morale.

Offline MarcAFK

• Vice Admiral
  • ...it's so simple an idiot could have devised it..
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2020, 11:38:03 PM »
I was under the impression that one intended change for C# was that rec modules shouldn't need to be tied to a physical location but should also work while in flight.
I don't know if that made it to release.
" Why is this godforsaken hellhole worth dying for? "
". . .  We know nothing about them, their language, their history or what they look like.  But we can assume this.  They stand for everything we don't stand for.  Also they told me you guys look like dorks. "
"Stop exploding, you cowards.  "