Author Topic: Layering tugs  (Read 984 times)

Offline Mel Vixen (OP)

• Commander
Layering tugs
« on: February 08, 2011, 03:33:04 PM »
Ok guys following problem:

I have a gigantic payload (20 interlinked HO including 100 Cargos for mines and some basic stuff as well as cryo-systems) i want to move to a planet but as for itself it couldnt reach that place in years.  I have too a rather nice tug that i use for various hauling operations (Sensor-barges, Weapon-platforms).  Since i dont want to create a tug so massive that it can transport my HO-ship and i actually would need a couple of smaller tugs i was wondering if i could layer tugs somehow - thus having the first tug connecting to the HO-ship, the second tug to the first tug, the third tug to the second aso. 

Would the engine power of each tug add to the overall engine power of the group?
"Share and enjoy, journey to life with a plastic boy, or girl by your side, let your pal be your guide.  And when it brakes down or starts to annoy or grinds as it moves and gives you no joy cause its has eaten your hat and or had . . . "

- Damaged robot found on Sirius singing a flat 5th out of t

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
  • Discord Username: icehawke
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
Re: Layering tugs
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2011, 04:03:04 PM »
Tugs do not layer.

Offline Mel Vixen (OP)

• Commander
Re: Layering tugs
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2011, 04:08:12 PM »
Damn.   :-\ So either i get the thing to crawl to its destination or i need a huuuuuuuge tug.  XD the latter should be able to tug asteriods if that there even possible.
"Share and enjoy, journey to life with a plastic boy, or girl by your side, let your pal be your guide.  And when it brakes down or starts to annoy or grinds as it moves and gives you no joy cause its has eaten your hat and or had . . . "

- Damaged robot found on Sirius singing a flat 5th out of t