Author Topic: Vanishing ships  (Read 1160 times)

Offline scvn2812 (OP)

• Chief Petty Officer
  • s
Vanishing ships
« on: June 19, 2012, 02:53:01 PM »
I seem to have had several of my geo survey ships disappear with no apparent cause. They are not equipped with any sort of military sensors so they wouldn't see an attacker coming but on the other hand, there are no new wrecks in the system either nor any log of them being destroyed in the Events report.

A quick run down of events:

My geologist survey force arrives in a system with no known aliens present.

They carry out orders to detach their tankers / jump motherships and then divide into single task forces.

They do this without a problem

However, there are only two planets in system so only two of them head off to conduct surveys. The rest stay on the jump point with the jump tenders.

The rest report that they cannot follow their primary orders.

So one by one I issue orders for them to join the non-survey fleet.

10 days later, I only have one fleet asking for orders.

I check to get ready to issue it orders to move on to the next system and discover, of 7 distinct survey ships, only 2 remain.

No wrecks appear anywhere in the system nor is there any log of any ships being lost or officers assigned to said ships being killed. It is as if they never existed. Except for the fact that the survivors are 004 and 007 respectively.

The listing for the other members of the class are also missing from the Ship roster for the entire empire.

The officers assigned to the missing ships are still alive but now say they are unassigned and their location is "unknown system." Their names have not been highlighted to show that they are unassigned however.

Is this something I should kick over to the Bug thread or is there something I'm not comprehending here?

Version # is 5.60

Offline Beersatron

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
Re: Vanishing ships
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2012, 03:02:19 PM »
I would cross-link this thread into the bug thread, sounds like the join command is messing up and the ship's associated task group is now being assigned correctly.

To 'fix' it, I would use SM mode and spawn some ships in as replacements using fast-OOB in the main menu.

Offline welchbloke

• Vice Admiral
Re: Vanishing ships
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2012, 11:40:44 AM »
I've had this happen to me as well.  As far as I can determine this occurs when the target fleet for a join is deleted (merged with new fleet etc).  The fleet with the join order spawns the 'unable to follow primary orders' alert and then promptly delete themselves  :(
Welchbloke