Author Topic: Suggestion for officer changes  (Read 8243 times)

Offline boggo2300

• Registered
  • Rear Admiral
Re: Suggestion for officer changes
« Reply #30 on: March 27, 2018, 06:44:35 PM »
What does the Navy do with 3000 Captains?

Fields the most in depth golf team the world has ever seen!
The boggosity of the universe tends towards maximum.

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #31 on: March 28, 2018, 03:40:25 AM »
I have a Question.
Is it possible to have more then one officer per ship?

Yes, see the following rules post:

http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php?topic=8495.msg101818#msg101818

Offline TheRowan

• Chief Petty Officer
« Reply #32 on: April 21, 2018, 02:36:21 PM »
I love the idea of having automatic officer promotions based on the number of jobs available at each rank. The existing ratios would have to change in C# Aurora anyway as there will be more requirement for junior officers now without increasing the senior officer billets, so unless the ratios can be altered per rank then basing it on available billets makes more sense.

Another thing I would suggest would be allowing officers not assigned to a ship to only advance their political influence... That way if you have a lot of unemployed officers, your senior ranks will get dominated by the right sort of chap with the right school tie, at least until a bit of frontier arithmetic weeds out the more useless...

Offline Desdinova

• Lt. Commander
  • D
« Reply #33 on: April 23, 2018, 01:56:46 PM »
I think having promotions being based on the sum of available billets per rank is a great idea.

A suggestion I'd like to offer: Reserve Officers. Every military maintains a large pool of reserve personnel. In Aurora it's really easy to run into critical manpower shortages if your shipbuilding outpaces your academy training rate; it'd be interesting to have a "mobilize reserves" option for time of emergency/war. Mobilizing would give you a pool of new officers and crewmen to assign. The downside would be: it costs a lot of credits, and maybe performance is lower or suffers over time if you keep them mobilized, due to declining morale.

Offline Hazard

• Commodore
  • H
« Reply #34 on: April 23, 2018, 11:31:35 PM »
While Aurora doesn't have the option to keep a reserve, lowering your standards is a thing. This doesn't get you more officers but it does get you more enlisted over time.