Author Topic: What's going on in your empire/planet/battlefield?  (Read 266368 times)

Offline madmarcus

• Petty Officer
  • m
Re: What's going on in your empire/planet/battlefield?
« Reply #360 on: August 25, 2012, 10:15:31 PM »
Quote from: Erik Luken link=topic=3808. msg53776#msg53776 date=1345947222
That's actually fairly low for a gas giant.

Yes its low.  I was amazed at how empty the entire system was.  A very low value gas giant, one moon with less than 4,000 boronide, and a decent small terraform candidate with 2,900,000 corbomite at 0. 1.  That's it; the grand total out of almost 100 moons and planets.

Luckily Kuiper 75 (186 planets and moons) isn't turning out to be so empty.

Offline Person012345

• Captain
« Reply #361 on: August 26, 2012, 04:50:02 AM »
That's actually fairly low for a gas giant.
I think he's pointing out the abysmal quantity of minerals in the system.

Offline blue emu

• Commander
  • b
« Reply #362 on: August 29, 2012, 07:53:12 AM »
In my current game (still in 2025), I just had a scout-ship run into a *spoiler* minefield in an unexplored system. The mines killed a third of the crew and destroyed nearly all of the armor, both of the engines, the jump drive, all sensors, the majority of the life support, all of the engineering sections... basically every system on the ship was blasted except for one armor square, some fuel tankage and a single small life-support unit. There weren't even enough surviving maintenance stores to repair anything worthwhile.

I had to unload the Fighters from one of my Carriers, and send the fleet to take the poor mangled scout aboard and carry it back home inside the hangar deck!

Offline Marski

• Commander
« Reply #363 on: August 29, 2012, 08:33:52 AM »
How you have all that in 2025

Offline blue emu

• Commander
  • b
« Reply #364 on: August 29, 2012, 08:48:21 AM »
How you have all that in 2025

Trans-Newtonian start. You can buy some techs at the start of the game. I always tech straight towards Carriers... Fighters are one of the special advantages of playing Humans.

Offline Hazard

• Commodore
  • H
« Reply #365 on: September 01, 2012, 12:01:09 PM »
General survey reports in my current game: Massive, massive deposits of minerals, a million tonnes of a single mineral is the low end, and most SBs with minerals have 5 or more different ones in deposits somewhere between 10 and 30 million tonnes each.

Availability: 0. 1

Inevitably, with the occasional peak of maybe 0. 4 or something.

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
  • Discord Username: icehawke
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #366 on: September 01, 2012, 12:06:06 PM »
General survey reports in my current game: Massive, massive deposits of minerals, a million tonnes of a single mineral is the low end, and most SBs with minerals have 5 or more different ones in deposits somewhere between 10 and 30 million tonnes each.

Availability: 0. 1

Inevitably, with the occasional peak of maybe 0. 4 or something.

That's as intended... Higher amounts of minerals have lower accessibilities. Sort of balance things out. :)

Offline Hazard

• Commodore
  • H
« Reply #367 on: September 01, 2012, 12:18:36 PM »
I've surveyed some 15 systems in this game.

Each and every single system has had this survey profile, Sol included, except for the 3 systems I've found that have no planets and no asteroids at all.  When the Geosurvey teams go over them, the only thing they find is more deposits, not more easily mined ones either.  My economy is hamstrung from the simple fact that it's impossible to wring out enough minerals from the planets and asteroids to feed my industry.

Offline xeryon

• Captain
« Reply #368 on: September 02, 2012, 09:13:30 AM »
You could make a breakthrough discovery with SM mode and find high accessibility on a body.  ;)

Offline Sinensis

• Leading Rate
  • S
« Reply #369 on: September 02, 2012, 06:20:07 PM »
Earth (6000M pop) conventional start then with SM magic put ruin in Mars. . .
I'm quite surprised that I got Partially Intact City with over 1100 TL4 installation. . .  My Engineers frequently restored research labs that come with technological details. . .
These findings jump start my Empire to Nuclear Pulse Engine within only 2 years and now I'm just unearthed (un-marsed?) 20 Ion Engine for my Scientist to analyse. . .
But every odd 3 months or so, my Engineers disturb underground vault that spew hostile robots. . .  Now Mars had more TN Ground Units than Earths with 12 MobInf and 20 Garrison. . .

Offline Marski

• Commander
« Reply #370 on: September 03, 2012, 05:41:05 AM »
By the way, did Steve control each and every human faction in his NATO vs USSR, and in Trans-Newtonian games?

Offline icecoldblood

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
« Reply #371 on: September 03, 2012, 06:48:49 AM »
By the way, did Steve control each and every human faction in his NATO vs USSR, and in Trans-Newtonian games?

yes, which is why he had the factions in TN campaign almost annialate each other and then merge them into one Terran Comminwealth when he got tired of managing all of them.

Offline Marski

• Commander
« Reply #372 on: September 03, 2012, 11:40:21 AM »

yes, which is why he had the factions in TN campaign almost annialate each other and then merge them into one Terran Comminwealth when he got tired of managing all of them.
Is it possible to create A.I controlled nations on start on earth in SM and then try to pave a way into space without every nation on planet earth declaring war on everyone and their grandmother immediately?

Offline TheDeadlyShoe

• Vice Admiral
  • Dance Commander
« Reply #373 on: September 03, 2012, 02:03:01 PM »
I'm not sure NPRs were even implemented for by the time of that campaign.  Aurora has always been focused on human control.

Offline xeryon

• Captain
« Reply #374 on: September 03, 2012, 08:45:57 PM »
If I remember correctly there is a bit of a problem with factions declaring war on each other and nuking terra into oblivion on a regular basis.  I guess the NPR never had a check to see if nuking the planet would also nuke themselves.