Author Topic: What's going on in your empire/planet/battlefield?  (Read 263565 times)

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
  • Discord Username: icehawke
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
Re: What's going on in your empire/planet/battlefield?
« Reply #615 on: January 22, 2014, 03:48:22 PM »
First I met the Demons, I named them such, as communication is impossible and they always blew up my scouts from 200mil km away with their missiles.
Then I had to deal with the Annoyances.  Those guys earned their name for only using massive quantities of 500 ton fighters equipped with a single meson cannon.  Not only really annoying to take down, but also as Meson apparently ignores both shield and armor they were able to damage my heavily shielded and armored battleships.

A short while ago a stable wormhole formed in Epsilon Indi, a system under my control for over 50 years.  A few months later a third alien race emerges.  They appear in massive ships of 60k-100k tons, which still are capable of flying at an absurd 15000 km/s (by comparison my 40k ton battleships fly at 4500km/s)
Diplomatic rating is 5 and those ships don't use active sensors; maybe, this is the first race I encounter which doesn't shoot immediately?
No, of course not, they decide it's best to ram into the civilian freighters running their trade route a short distance away from the wormhole.  As this ramming action also destroyed one of their ships, they are pretty angry, so diplomacy is once again not an option.

But alas, that will be the end of the game.  Apparently they are afflicted by a bug, which does not allow them to use active sensors.  Due to the combat situation the game runs 5sec increments and I have to click through ten "GetActiveSensorRange" errors every time.  I encountered this bug before with invader ships and was able to fix it by removing the offending ships, but as this is a generated NPR I can't take control of them.
Well, I wonder whether I should wait for 6. 4 for a new start.

If they came out of a wormhole, they are invaders.

Offline Dulkan

• Leading Rate
  • D
« Reply #616 on: January 22, 2014, 05:06:34 PM »
Quote from: Erik Luken link=topic=3808. msg68998#msg68998 date=1390427302
If they came out of a wormhole, they are invaders.

Indeed, they are.  Didn't know, that other races had other names for the systems.  However it seems I have to delete the invaders entirely as this problem pops up every single time one of their ships wants to use active sensors.

Offline Mastik

• Lieutenant
  • M
« Reply #617 on: January 25, 2014, 06:32:25 PM »
Earth year 2090

Residents (millions):
Earth 1522  
Luna 564:  Luna is my primary source of sorium with about 2m units. 
Mars 67
Venus 26: Venus has approximately 113m units of minerals.    Unfortunately most are 0.  1 or 0.  2. 
IO 12
Europa 6
Ganymede 2

5 Jump points have been found:
Alpha Centauri:  Several potential colonies.    Many minerals to be dug up.    AC AIII was the site of 4 wrecks, and the site of an alien installation.    Site has been surveyed by a Xeno team, but construction brigade is still being researched.    Jump points being surveyed. 

Lelande 21185:  Again several potential colony sites, and plenty of minerals.    4 jump points. 

Luyten 726-8:  1 x16.  51 body, plenty of minerals.    7 jump points. 

Proxima Centauri:  1 x4.  11 body, basically no minerals.    2 Jump points. 

Wolf 359:  Nothing here.    Jump points.  .  .  .  unexplored. 

Defense Fleet consists of 4 (slow) 80,000 ton battleships, and 6 10,000 ton PD destroyers. 

Critical tasks:  Ran out of fuel on earth a few years ago.    ;D Slamming out fuel refineries for earth and Luna, and
maintenance facilities so i can overhaul my huge battleships!

Need to figure out how best to monitor/defend the system gates.   

« Last Edit: January 25, 2014, 06:37:01 PM by Mastik »

Offline Theodidactus

• Registered
  • Commodore
« Reply #618 on: January 31, 2014, 02:41:47 PM »
I've been saying "I need to post a screenshot of this guy" for five in-game years.

This is Admiral Jay Shah, in later career. He came up as a lieutenant commander in the early years of the Kuzmin directorship, just as we were exploring the first jump gates, and every nation had an equal say in what was going on. He geo-surveyed one of the first offworld colonies, fought against rebel factions in 2070 and 2080, discovered precursor warships in 2104, made contact with the only living alien race we've discovered so far in 2107, survived the chaotic interregnum period extending from 2109 to 2123, and since has been the right hand man of the military dictatorship that now controls terran space.

He'll likely die soon, I just thought you guys might want to meet him first.

« Last Edit: January 31, 2014, 02:49:05 PM by Theodidactus »
My Theodidactus, now I see that you are excessively simple of mind and more gullible than most. The Crystal Sphere you seek cannot be found in nature, look about you...wander the whole cosmos, and you will find nothing but the clear sweet breezes of the great ethereal ocean enclosed not by any bound

Offline Mastik

• Lieutenant
  • M
« Reply #619 on: February 07, 2014, 05:00:27 PM »

Shortages of corundium and duranium on Earth.   Huge reserves on venus (0. 1), all production going into auto miners to get to those reserves.  (I should have done this long ago)  :-\

Luna, Mars, and Alpha Centauri A III have breathable atmospheres, and are favorite destinations for many citizens.   New populations sprouting up in Alpha Centauri, and Lalande systems.

Last years income 304000
Last years expenses 90000

Barley Container Services (135 ships) selling at 147/share.   I do keep them busy!

No "little green men" have been encountered.

Offline Kindelnik

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • K
« Reply #620 on: February 16, 2014, 10:51:14 PM »
2025.  Literally just started and star swarm is paying my undefended home world a visit. . . yay!  :D

Offline Mastik

• Lieutenant
  • M
« Reply #621 on: February 16, 2014, 11:37:02 PM »
1st contact

6th August 2164 01:11:46
Federation. . . . Herschel 5173

Thor Heyerdahl (Unarmed geological survey) hit by 12 points of damage from Myrkul Anti-ship Missile.

Thor Heyerdahl suffers complete structural failure due to the amount of damage it has received.  The ship is destroyed.

Diplomatic efforts have failed, this alien race doesnt want to play nice.

Sol>>Luyten 726-8>>Epsilon Indi>>>Herschel 5173

Offline Mastik

• Lieutenant
  • M
« Reply #622 on: February 17, 2014, 12:32:35 AM »
Encounter #2  The Parma Host

Encountered in Gliese 33

Sol>>Luyten 726-8>>Heintz 299>>Gliese 33

Diplomatic relations appear to be normal at this time.

This is getting interesting, soon after i discovered the Host they moved 18-2800T He-Dog class ships, 4-71,300T  Tashinkekokipapi, and 1-2800T Gall class ship into Luyten 726-8.   For several months now the ships have been stationed on the Heintz gate, in the middle of an anti-ship mine field i had quickly set up.  2 of the Tashin class ships moved to other jump gates, i thought they may have been gate construction ships, but no gates were built.

I have a small AEW/PD (1 command [laser] cruiser, 1 AEW ship, 2 PD destroyers)  fleet stationed inside the Sol gate, and my main battle fleet (12-80,000T [Rail gun] Battleships, 5 PD destroyers, 1 AEW ship) sitting on the Sol side. 

Offline Theodidactus

• Registered
  • Commodore
« Reply #623 on: February 17, 2014, 10:23:50 AM »
I've been saying "I need to post a screenshot of this guy" for five in-game years.

This is Admiral Jay Shah, in later career. He came up as a lieutenant commander in the early years of the Kuzmin directorship, just as we were exploring the first jump gates, and every nation had an equal say in what was going on. He geo-surveyed one of the first offworld colonies, fought against rebel factions in 2070 and 2080, discovered precursor warships in 2104, made contact with the only living alien race we've discovered so far in 2107, survived the chaotic interregnum period extending from 2109 to 2123, and since has been the right hand man of the military dictatorship that now controls terran space.

Still alive, now he's 89
My Theodidactus, now I see that you are excessively simple of mind and more gullible than most. The Crystal Sphere you seek cannot be found in nature, look about you...wander the whole cosmos, and you will find nothing but the clear sweet breezes of the great ethereal ocean enclosed not by any bound

Offline sloanjh

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #624 on: February 18, 2014, 01:59:15 AM »

Still alive, now he's 89

Heh?  What's that you say, sonny?  :)

Offline Jikor

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
« Reply #625 on: February 20, 2014, 10:38:04 AM »
Discovered a research boosting anomaly...
On an uninhabitable planet orbiting a star in a quad system that is about 15 billion km from the jump point.

Offline joeclark77

• Commander
  • j
« Reply #626 on: February 20, 2014, 03:15:15 PM »
On an uninhabitable planet orbiting a star in a quad system that is about 15 billion km from the jump point.
If it was easy, it wouldn't be any fun.

Offline Alfapiomega

• Lt. Commander
    • My Youtube channel
« Reply #627 on: February 21, 2014, 02:09:09 AM »

http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php/board,54.0.html
"Everything is possible until you make a choice. "

Offline Jikor

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
« Reply #628 on: February 25, 2014, 09:48:23 AM »
Reports came from the Gravitational survey team that the geological survey vessel partnered with them had been destroyed due to unknown elements in the Aspidiske system.
A Patrol squad of 2 Wolf-II patrol boats and an Alpha-II class patrol command ship where dispatched to investigate the wreckage and determine what destroyed the vessel.
Upon reaching the wreckage the Aegis radar picked up incoming missiles traveling well over 12,000 km/s. The rail guns on the two wolf's fired but only took out 4 of the incomming missiles. 13 struck the first Wolf and it's engine blew turning the ship into a wreck. Luckily the captain made it to an escape pod. The second Wolf and the Alpha turned back towards the jump point to avoid the yet unseen assailants. Shortly after turning around around they encountered two small 1,000 ktn class ships which opened fire again with 17 more missiles. The railguns on the remaining wolf fired once more but only took out 1 missile. 16 strickes into the shield and hull turned the ship into a debris field quickly. Only a few crewmen where able to make the escape.

Feeling doomed the lone Alpha-II patrol command ship attempted to dart perpendicular to the enemy ships that where headed toward it. Fearing the final missiles coming in the captain prepared to issue the order to abandon ship when the enemy ships didn't fire their missiles he was perplexed for a few moments. Seconds later the helmsman let out the warning that the enemy ships had altered their course and where on a direct collision course with the command ship. The Alpha was able to steer out of the way seconds before the first hit it. Still feeling the shock at such a tactic the crew on the ship felt the shudder as the second ship struck the stern. Luckily the shields held and the minimal shock damage did not disrupt any systems. The first ship quickly turned course and made a second attempt to ram the Alpha. This time the ship was only able to get partly out of the way. The shields weakend from the first attack did not hold against this second but did give enough of a deflection to prevent a direct hit. The Alpha took a glancing blow from the enemy ship. 3 layers of armor where penetrated by the attack but the ship still held together.

Still wary that there may be other enemies about the captain ordered a sweep of the nearby asteroid filed that the ships appeared to come from but did not see any traces of other ships. Seeing all enemy ships as wrecks now the captain officially declared the battle won.

Offline Theodidactus

• Registered
  • Commodore
« Reply #629 on: February 25, 2014, 02:52:59 PM »

Still alive, now he's 89

Still alive, 90

is there a record of some kind I should be shooting for?