Author Topic: Earth's getting bombarded... but where's the aggressor?  (Read 1483 times)

Offline Jetman123 (OP)

• Petty Officer
  • J
Earth's getting bombarded... but where's the aggressor?
« on: December 18, 2010, 03:58:15 PM »
I'm taking impacts of some sort on Earth's surface that are throwing up minor bits of dust, destroying a few factories and more importantly seem to be killing millions. Death toll is up to 5 mil. I have a fleet of five in orbit around and ten PDCs, all with active sensors blazing (not to mention tracking stations) and fully loaded and shielded, ready to rock - but the aggressor doesn't seem to be here. Is something bombarding from out of my sensor range, and if so, how can I detect it and fight back? (Failing that, because I'm a dirty SOB, I'd like some tips on how to use SM mode to save my planet.)

It also coincided roughly with a resource packet arriving via mass driver, so to be safe I've shut off all mass drivers in the system. Unless I forgot one, a mishap with packet receiving seems unlikely.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2010, 04:07:25 PM by Jetman123 »

Offline randal7

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • r
Re: Earth's getting bombarded... but where's the aggressor?
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2010, 04:30:23 PM »
When you are in SM mode, open the population and production window. On the bottom, towards the right, is the "SM Mod" button which will allow you to alter colony properties like population, buildings, and atmospheric dust.

As for why this is happening, see if you didn't accidentally remove the last mass driver from the planet getting damaged.

Offline Jetman123 (OP)

• Petty Officer
  • J
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2010, 04:40:10 PM »
... D'oh.

Offline ardem

• Rear Admiral
  • a
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2010, 06:18:51 PM »
this happen to me due to moving what I thought would be one mass driver end up being two, which left me with .8 of a mass driver meaning it does not work.

Got to be on your toes with the mass drivers or you can cause major damage.

Offline Jetman123 (OP)

• Petty Officer
  • J
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2010, 10:53:09 AM »
So I noticed. Yikes. 5 million deaths because of a cargo mishap. This is gonna cost me in the election...