Author Topic: Windows 7 Not showing Colony Summary  (Read 2188 times)

Offline yoshyusmc (OP)

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • y
Windows 7 Not showing Colony Summary
« on: January 04, 2010, 11:25:50 PM »
Hello Steve and the rest of the Aurora veterans,

First all I want say this is a very intriguing game, and I am glad I found it on the wargamer forums.

Aurora has been running fine until today, the colony summary window will not display for me.  

For those familiar with Windows 7, the preview window shows the colony screen fine, however when I try and click on it within the Aurora group nothing happens.

I haven't really changed anything, and I even tried re-installing.

So for now I am at a lost.

I hope to fix it soon, because I just finished converting all my conventional industries,
 and on my way to interstellar expansion!  8)  for you Steve) because it combines elements from moo2, beyond protocol, and more complex games like harpoon.

Online Hawkeye

• Silver Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • Silver Supporter Silver Supporter : Support the forums with a Silver subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
Re: Windows 7 Not showing Colony Summary
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2010, 02:22:06 AM »
Try this:

Close all Aurora Windows except for the main one.
Assuming you can still right-click on minimized windows on the taskbar in W7, make sure they are realy closed.

Select the "misc" tab

click on "reset window positions"

Hope this helps
Ralph Hoenig, Germany

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
Re: Windows 7 Not showing Colony Summary
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2010, 09:35:25 AM »
Quote from: "yoshyusmc"
BTW- Steve any body approached you from the major publishing houses like Matrix, or Paradox to develop this into a full commercial release?  This game is a prefect spring board to stardom (and hopefully financial success  8)  for you Steve) because it combines elements from moo2, beyond protocol, and more complex games like harpoon.
No one has approached me, although I haven't really advertised the existence of the game apart from the few posts on Wargamer. I also haven't made any effort to make any money out of Aurora, although I have considered a few options as it would be very good if at some point in the future I could make enough money from the game to work on it full time.

Hawkeye's answer should fix the issue you mentioned. It shouldn't happen in v4.8

Steve