Author Topic: v2.5.1 Bugs Thread  (Read 11894 times)

Offline vorpal+5

• Commodore
  • Silver Supporter Silver Supporter : Support the forums with a Silver subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
Re: v2.5.1 Bugs Thread
« Reply #120 on: May 02, 2024, 02:58:10 AM »
On a new session (luckily for me, as I reverted to the previous save) I fiddled with old security formations on Mars, by showing all elements, and grouping 4 formations into a single one. The end result somehow was that I had the remaining formation with a 25k HQ leading another 25k HQ, which seems not very legit to me. But oh well ... Then it went worse.

I closed the window and reopened it, and Mars was only showing the header, and nothing else, although clicking on Mars showed all elements there, but without any formation.

I did not save as it was feeling very buggy. So my question is probably, do people encounter these organizational bugs in land units or not? This was the first time I did some reorg, and bam a bug, so I guess it's not ultra-rare?

Offline Pesinario

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • P
  • I am not the greatest aurora player out there
  • Discord Username: Pesinario#8142
« Reply #121 on: May 02, 2024, 09:38:16 PM »
I believe it's a bug, however it makes a lot of sense as a (probably unintended) feature:
When disassembling conventional cryogenic transport modules, you get research points for the cryogenic transport tech, even before researching Trans-newtonian technology (And can get the full tech! ;D )
Also i checked and it doesn't work for:
  • Conventional Active Sensors - Strength 2 (Or their missile fire control variants)
  • Conventional Geological Survey Sensors - Strength 0. 2
  • Troop Transport Bay - Conventional
  • Cargo shuttles (Non-TN)

Offline Garfunkel

• Registered
  • Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #122 on: May 03, 2024, 12:19:36 AM »
In the System Body Modification window off the System Generation and Display window, player cannot adjust Radiation level. Attempting to change the number to something other than zero does not work. Closing and re-opening the window does not change things. Dust Level can be changed in this manner without issues. It is also not just a visibility issue, as changing radiation to 50,000 and then running time until the next construction cycle shows that nothing happens to the colony on that body: environment tab shows 0 radiation and population growth is not affected.

Offline paolot

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • p
« Reply #123 on: May 04, 2024, 09:50:42 AM »
Not a bug, but an odd rounding IMO.   :-\
See the cost of the jump drive in the image.

Offline vorpal+5

• Commodore
  • Silver Supporter Silver Supporter : Support the forums with a Silver subscription
« Reply #124 on: Yesterday at 12:05:51 AM »
You can select a commercial fleet as the target of your new fighter production. It seems a 'dangerous' and totally un-necessary option to me.

Offline Garfunkel

• Registered
  • Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #125 on: Yesterday at 07:04:20 AM »
You can select a commercial fleet as the target of your new fighter production. It seems a 'dangerous' and totally un-necessary option to me.
Commercial carriers are a thing, for hauling replacement fighters to the frontlines. Or do you mean a civilian fleet?

Offline vorpal+5

• Commodore
« Reply #126 on: Yesterday at 09:06:46 AM »
Sorry, civilian ...