Author Topic: Mine production problem  (Read 1694 times)

Offline alpharius (OP)

• Leading Rate
  • a
Mine production problem
« on: November 30, 2013, 11:21:26 AM »
Hello, my first post here.   
Its my first game and I've had a lot of help from number of tutorial posts and the wiki.   I've started three mining colonies so far: Mercury (all automines), Titan (infrastructure + normal mines), Luna (infrastructure + normal mines).   The odd thing is that Luna mines dont produce any minerals.   Titan has 34 mines, 1.  7m mine workers and -1m worker shortage.   Despite the shortage they produce 492 per year. 
Luna has 79 mines, 3.  95m mine workers and 7.  11m available workers.   Luna production is 0.   Are they on strike or something?

One clue is unrest rising messages from Luna.   Does unrest stop mine production or whats going on? Tried to comb the forums but I didn't find help for this. 
« Last Edit: December 03, 2013, 06:08:06 AM by alpharius »

Offline telegraph

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • t
Re: Mine production problem
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2013, 11:26:37 AM »
yes, unrest impacts all production. That includes mining production. I think it is a gradual decline though, so unless unrest is 100% you should still get some minerals on luna. maybe also the availability is extremely low on luna?

Offline alpharius (OP)

• Leading Rate
  • a
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2013, 11:43:53 AM »
All modifiers in summary page show 100. 0% except the political stability which is 0. 01%.  I take that thats the culprit? Should I build troop transports and ship military to put them into order?

Offline Bryan Swartz

• Captain
  • B
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2013, 11:49:56 AM »
What is the accessibility of Luna's minerals?

Offline alpharius (OP)

• Leading Rate
  • a
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2013, 11:53:58 AM »
Duranium 26497 0. 9, Gallicite 782718 0. 6 (6522653. 9 years to depletion *cough*)

I started researching troop transport modules as event log hints that lacking military protection is the cause of unrest.  I didn't realize that it shuts down the mining production if that actually is the reason.

Offline telegraph

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • t
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2013, 11:58:21 AM »
yes, that means that your production is 0.01% of what it could be, that is pretty much nothing.
you can just build some armed PDCs on Earth to keep population happy with military protection, or you could ship in more infrastructure if overcrowding is the issue.

Offline alpharius (OP)

• Leading Rate
  • a
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2013, 07:07:44 PM »
PDC on Earth worked like a charm.  It would be helpful if event log unrest message showed the actual level in addition To change%.  Easier To track colonies with alarmingly high unrest levels.

Offline Bryan Swartz

• Captain
  • B
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2013, 08:57:12 PM »
A garrison battalion can be a good stopgap measure -- they won't keep the good citizens from complaining, but will hold down unrest until you can get some proper defenses. 

Offline joeclark77

• Commander
  • j
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2013, 09:32:39 PM »
A garrison battalion can be a good stopgap measure -- they won't keep the good citizens from complaining, but will hold down unrest until you can get some proper defenses. 
One of the first ships I build is a troop transport that can carry two battalions.  I place two on each colony world.  Never had an unrest problem they couldn't handle.