Author Topic: Official v7.00 Bugs Reporting Thread  (Read 42990 times)

Offline ExChairman

• Bronze Supporter
  • Commodore
  • E
  • Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter : Support the forums with a Bronze subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
Re: Official v7.00 Bugs Reporting Thread
« Reply #195 on: March 20, 2016, 10:20:44 AM »
Sorry about that one, damn tired and put the minus in front of the total... :-[

But a conquered population is researching the same tech 3 times? That has to be a bug. ;D
Veni, Vedi, Volvo
"Granström"

Wargame player and Roleplayer for 33 years...

Offline Jaque_Thay

• Petty Officer
  • J
« Reply #196 on: March 27, 2016, 01:43:58 AM »
Not sure if this is a bug or just silly implementation of a feature... but my R5 Rear Admiral just died of old age and this has caused problems with Fleet HQ. He had been assigned as Commander - Fleet HQ and when I tried to appoint a successor (another R5 Rear Admiral) the interface says that the Commander - Fleet HQ position now requires a minimum R6 Vice Admiral to hold the post... but I don't have any R6 officers.

I understand that minimum requirements probably change over time but when the previous post holder was assigned (the first one to hold the post of Commander - Fleet HQ) he had only been a R4 Commodore. It doesn't really make sense that in the space of 20 in-game years the rank required to hold a post should rise to the point where there are no characters able to do so.

Offline Jaque_Thay

• Petty Officer
  • J
« Reply #197 on: March 27, 2016, 02:44:06 AM »
Solved the issue - though it was a little unintuitive. The person I wanted to promote to Commander Fleet HQ was already a staff officer. Looks like your Fleet HQ Commander must be a rank higher than their officers (makes sense) and as she wasn't a rank higher than herself she couldn't be promoted to the position. Got around it by unassigning her from the staff officer position then reassigning her to the Fleet HQ Commander position.

Offline Cavgunner

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #198 on: June 26, 2016, 11:24:51 AM »
Hello, 

I noticed an issue in one of my colonized systems where a Civilian Mining Complex on a mineral-rich moon was not actually producing any minerals.  Even though it had 6 complexes, I was purchasing the minerals, and had the mass driver set to the correct destination, the production of each mineral type remained at "0."  A couple of times I noticed a Mass Driver packet - 0 tons on the screen but that seemed inconsistent and I haven't been able to reproduce that.

I tried to fix this by abandoning the civilian mining post and putting my own automated mines and mass driver there; however, still no minerals were being produced. 

Any thoughts?

Offline Cavgunner

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #199 on: July 02, 2016, 08:13:11 PM »
No ideas???

Offline MarcAFK

• Vice Admiral
  • ...it's so simple an idiot could have devised it..
« Reply #200 on: July 03, 2016, 12:08:48 AM »
I seem to recall that the mineral production listed can be out of whack due to mass drivers taking the minerals, but generally just looking at the outbound packets you see production is fine. I've never seen 0 ton Packets before though.
" Why is this godforsaken hellhole worth dying for? "
". . .  We know nothing about them, their language, their history or what they look like.  But we can assume this.  They stand for everything we don't stand for.  Also they told me you guys look like dorks. "
"Stop exploding, you cowards.  "

Offline Kinshinn

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • K
« Reply #201 on: August 20, 2016, 05:05:00 PM »
I don't know if it is an error on my end or not but when ever I try to click on a colony name from the colony summary the name of the colony disappears along with the populated systems text above the system in the same area.  This also happens when I try to click on the name of a place in the minerals tab on the left side of the screen.  I am using windows 10 but I don't know if that has anything to do with it.

Offline 83athom

• Big Ship Commander
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #202 on: August 21, 2016, 06:01:36 PM »
I don't know if it is an error on my end or not but when ever I try to click on a colony name from the colony summary the name of the colony disappears along with the populated systems text above the system in the same area.  This also happens when I try to click on the name of a place in the minerals tab on the left side of the screen.  I am using windows 10 but I don't know if that has anything to do with it.
Its a known bug with touchscreens. All you have to do is go into your Device Manager and turn the touchscreen off (in human interface).
Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.