Author Topic: where do you get BTS???  (Read 35481 times)

Offline Þórgrímr

• Rear Admiral
    • The World of the Gunny
Re: where do you get BTS???
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2011, 03:44:53 PM »
Probably related to the switch from phpBB to SMF. Are they embedded in the post or linked? Maybe edit the posts and reinsert them?

They are linked. And the urls are correct since they work just fine on my website. Can this software handle PNG type pics? The screenies are in that format.

Cheers, Thor
Sic vis pacem, para bellum
If you want peace, prepare for war

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
  • Discord Username: icehawke
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2011, 03:58:55 PM »
They are linked. And the urls are correct since they work just fine on my website. Can this software handle PNG type pics? The screenies are in that format.

Cheers, Thor

Some of the pics posted have been png.

Offline Þórgrímr

• Rear Admiral
    • The World of the Gunny
« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2011, 08:36:24 AM »
Some of the pics posted have been png.

Then I have no idea why the screenshots are not showing. The URLs are valid, and I tried to replace them just in case. No Go, and they work just fine on my site.

You can follow the link and see them on WoTG, and they use the very same URL as is posted here.  ???

Cheers, Thor

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
  • Discord Username: icehawke
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2011, 11:07:45 AM »
Then I have no idea why the screenshots are not showing. The URLs are valid, and I tried to replace them just in case. No Go, and they work just fine on my site.

You can follow the link and see them on WoTG, and they use the very same URL as is posted here.  ???

Cheers, Thor
I went in and modified the screenshot posts. Changed nothing and now they appear. No idea why.

Offline Xkill

• Sub-Lieutenant
« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2011, 08:12:19 PM »
Wow, I thought the game was dead. Also, sorry for not replying for all of this long, but after a couple of days with no response I thought you abandoned the game.

Anyways, I think I haven't made myself clear, I'm asking if the game is for the PC. You know download and play, or do we need someone else to make the orders, produce the factories (Or anything else that can be built)? The game looks really good, a software of it would be nice. (If there isn't one already)

EDIT: Do you guys intend on selling this game?
« Last Edit: July 31, 2011, 08:31:46 PM by Xkill »

Offline Þórgrímr

• Rear Admiral
    • The World of the Gunny
« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2011, 09:18:22 PM »
Wow, I thought the game was dead. Also, sorry for not replying for all of this long, but after a couple of days with no response I thought you abandoned the game.

Anyways, I think I haven't made myself clear, I'm asking if the game is for the PC. You know download and play, or do we need someone else to make the orders, produce the factories (Or anything else that can be built)? The game looks really good, a software of it would be nice. (If there isn't one already)

EDIT: Do you guys intend on selling this game?

No, never abandoned it. With the lack of interest I just kept the work on my own website. No need to spread around what is not wanted.  ;D

Right now it is planned to be a Play-By-Mail game. But there may be a full program done up for it.  ;D The player will create his own orders and send them to the GM, where he will process those said orders and return the results to the Player.

Each Player will have his own mini-fora for his power, as long as he is active. This is where he can interact with the other Players and GM.  :) The Gm will also do up a newletter for the players for any significant events that have happened in the turn.

And as of now, no, the game will be free to play. This is the type of game I have always wanted to play, but no game made yet has come close. So I am making this game for me, and anybody else who wants to have a detailed game they can care about.

I tell my testers that this game is for players who love detail, and and wish to take the time to plan the growth of their power.  :)

Last, but certainly not least, I believe that Haegan and I have come up with a workable economic model for a free market system. So if a player wishes to play a Republican or Democratic form of govt, they will have a free market system for economics to begin with. But with Governmental policies he can evolve whatever form of economy he begins with into another form. The model can simulate State Capitalistic and Command Economies too. In fact, the upcoming playtest is to see how it works and to tweak what needs tweaking.

Cheers, Thor

Offline Xkill

• Sub-Lieutenant
« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2011, 10:02:28 PM »
Play-By-Mail? hum... I dunno, I was like waiting for a Single-Player type one. But as it seems the game looks good.

Also I couldn't acess you website I clicked on the Planet figure near your name but it just gets me to a unknown site/domain. Could you direct the correct one to me?

Offline Þórgrímr

• Rear Admiral
    • The World of the Gunny
« Reply #22 on: July 31, 2011, 10:27:29 PM »
Play-By-Mail? hum... I dunno, I was like waiting for a Single-Player type one. But as it seems the game looks good.

Also I couldn't acess you website I clicked on the Planet figure near your name but it just gets me to a unknown site/domain. Could you direct the correct one to me?

If you have any questions about the level of enjoyment you can get from the game, PM Backstab on this board. He is one of the playtesters and can give you the skinny on how he likes the game so far.  :)

That is the old URL. Below is the one where we are working at.  :)

World of the Gunny

Cheers, Thor

Offline Xkill

• Sub-Lieutenant
« Reply #23 on: July 31, 2011, 10:42:13 PM »
Thanks! Gonna give it a check now.

Offline backstab

• Lieutenant
  • b
« Reply #24 on: August 01, 2011, 02:03:36 AM »
I can not recommend the game enough !  We had some good times play testing some of the early versions and with the upcoming GM Program, I think that it will take the game to new heights of intrigue, slaughter and mayhem !

Move foward and draw fire

Offline Xkill

• Sub-Lieutenant
« Reply #25 on: August 01, 2011, 04:56:53 PM »
So I checked the Website, but I coudn't find the Rules Area - I'm really thinking on joining, but if I don't know the Rules I can't play the game correctly.

I'm quite slow so if the Rules are right on my face I apologise beforehand.

Offline Þórgrímr

• Rear Admiral
    • The World of the Gunny
« Reply #26 on: August 01, 2011, 06:16:26 PM »
So I checked the Website, but I coudn't find the Rules Area - I'm really thinking on joining, but if I don't know the Rules I can't play the game correctly.

I'm quite slow so if the Rules are right on my face I apologise beforehand.

Xkill, I apologize, I had the BTS! area unseen for guests. It is now viewable in case you wish to see the public area. The rules and playtesting forums are still hidden though.  :)

And we do need playtesters, though.  ;D

Cheers, Thor

Offline Xkill

• Sub-Lieutenant
« Reply #27 on: August 01, 2011, 10:43:54 PM »
Xkill, I apologize, I had the BTS! area unseen for guests. It is now viewable in case you wish to see the public area. The rules and playtesting forums are still hidden though.  :)

And we do need playtesters, though.  ;D

Cheers, Thor

Well, Þórgrímr, I tried to register at your site but it doesn't allow me - It says that my Email isn't allowed. I normally use Hotmail but have an account on Yahoo too; neither worked. What Email 'Provider' (I don't know the right word in English) I need to be able to register?

Cheers! ;D

Offline Þórgrímr

• Rear Admiral
    • The World of the Gunny
« Reply #28 on: August 02, 2011, 09:13:48 AM »
Well, Þórgrímr, I tried to register at your site but it doesn't allow me - It says that my Email isn't allowed. I normally use Hotmail but have an account on Yahoo too; neither worked. What Email 'Provider' (I don't know the right word in English) I need to be able to register?

Cheers! ;D

Both Hotmail and Yahoo are banned providers due to the extreme amounts of spam that occurs using them. Go ahead and use the following: XkillATcomcastDOTnet, replacing the at and dot with their equivalents. Then once you have registered you can change your email back to anything you wish since the email ban is only for new registers.  :)

Cheers, Thor

Offline Xkill

• Sub-Lieutenant
« Reply #29 on: August 02, 2011, 07:55:32 PM »
Both Hotmail and Yahoo are banned providers due to the extreme amounts of spam that occurs using them. Go ahead and use the following: XkillATcomcastDOTnet, replacing the at and dot with their equivalents. Then once you have registered you can change your email back to anything you wish since the email ban is only for new registers.  :)

Cheers, Thor

Well, I did a workaround - I used a local Brazilian Email Provider, and it worked! Now I only need to wait the confirmation of the Admins. (Who I think is you and Haegan) I'll hit the Ruler after the confirmation and talk to you after I read 'em all.