Author Topic: Argh 21600s increments  (Read 1627 times)

Offline stamasd (OP)

• Petty Officer
  • s
Argh 21600s increments
« on: May 13, 2015, 10:53:20 AM »
Started a new game of 6.43 yesterday, conventional empire no-thrills-or-frills, and it was going well into the 9th year, with the first exploration ships in the shipyards and cool tech being researched.

Then all of the sudden I started getting 21600s increments instead of the 30 days I was requesting. No updates in the event log, just the increments of 21600s/6h.

Ben clicking through these for about a month in-game time, which is not fun, and no end in sight. I've had in previous games periods of short interruptions, but this is ridiculous.

Offline Vandermeer

• Rear Admiral
Re: Argh 21600s increments
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2015, 05:14:24 PM »
It happens. In my beginning with this game I have been in a 5 second bottleneck that lasted long enough to see the complete Alien trilogy + a 30 minutes review on every movie each, took a shower, and then it still was not done. Eventually it would go away on another day, but really the only way to prevent this is not spawning Npr on generation.
...But worry not! The next version of Aurora promises amazing improvements in this direction. Games that contain really spread out Npr might soon be feasible, as they will not calculate encounters so much anymore (or even not at all). ..And that is not the only fantastic upgrade. This is the current "most anticipated" 2015 release game(-update) I am waiting about on my site right here. :)
playing Aurora as swarm fleet: Zen Nomadic Hive Fantasy

Offline boggo2300

• Registered
  • Rear Admiral
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2015, 04:39:46 PM »
Alien trilogy

???????

Theres 4,  plus Prometheus, plus the 2 Aliens vs Predators,  but at the very minimum there are 4
The boggosity of the universe tends towards maximum.

Offline Vandermeer

• Rear Admiral
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2015, 05:38:01 PM »
Oh, yes, my mistake. I watched up to resurrection+ nostalgia critic's review, so it was even four movies.
...Basically a whole day spent in 5 second limbo, which was the cause that changed my play-style to drastic annihilation on-sight policy since.
playing Aurora as swarm fleet: Zen Nomadic Hive Fantasy