Author Topic: On ruins and infrastructure  (Read 1426 times)

Offline Ashery (OP)

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • A
On ruins and infrastructure
« on: September 22, 2011, 04:37:43 PM »
Is there a way to disable/prevent civilian vessels from dropping off colonists on planets with ruins that recently uncovered infrastructure?

I could always do a work around in SM mode, but I'm wondering if there's a legit method before doing that. Hell, would using SM mode to wipe out the infrastructure even remove the flag that enables civilian transport?

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
  • Discord Username: icehawke
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
Re: On ruins and infrastructure
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2011, 05:18:29 PM »
Is there a way to disable/prevent civilian vessels from dropping off colonists on planets with ruins that recently uncovered infrastructure?

I could always do a work around in SM mode, but I'm wondering if there's a legit method before doing that. Hell, would using SM mode to wipe out the infrastructure even remove the flag that enables civilian transport?

Set the colony as source.

Offline Elvang

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • E
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2011, 05:38:09 PM »
Whenever I've needed to stop civilians from transporting colonists, I had to set all the source colonies to stable/destination.  If I try to change the state of a colony with less than 25m population from destination, it automatically changes it back to destination.   
« Last Edit: September 22, 2011, 05:40:03 PM by Elvang »

Offline Ashery (OP)

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • A
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2011, 05:43:49 PM »
Bingo.

The problem with cutting off the colonists at the source is that I'd be forced to stop the expansion of my mining colony, despite the fact that's currently my primary task (Including dumping 30k wealth into civilian subsidies).

Guess I'll just SM the 360 infrastructure I uncovered into duranium for the time being.

Offline voknaar

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2011, 08:06:35 PM »
I use freighters to manually move infrastructure asap. Unless of course it is a planet I wanted to colonize in the first place.