Author Topic: Return to Sol: Multiplayer Aurora - Setup  (Read 7864 times)

Offline sublight (OP)

• Pulsar 4x Dev
  • Captain
  • s
Re: Return to Sol: Multiplayer Aurora - Setup
« Reply #30 on: April 24, 2013, 09:57:51 PM »
6 month time advances it is.

Offline sublight (OP)

• Pulsar 4x Dev
  • Captain
  • s
« Reply #31 on: April 27, 2013, 12:12:07 PM »
I had a player ask about victory conditions. There aren't any. Have fun.
However, I will be awarding titles when the game ends. Anyone competitive is encouraged to try for one of those.

Suggested Game Objectives:
Victory path A) Reclaim Sol to form the heart of a new Solarian Empire
Victory path B) Diaspora! Claim and colonize more systems than any other.

Ruler of Sol: Whoever meets two of the following when the game ends:
> +25% larger population than the next closest faction
> +25% more non-infrastructure installations than the next closest faction
> +25% more PPV in-Sol than the next closest faction (excluding ICBM silos)

Note: Conquering the Remnant is not necessary, unless going for the largest population category.
Conquered populations add their political reliability % to your population count for victory titles.

Ruler of Stars: Whoever meets two of the following when the game ends:
> +25% larger total colony population than next closest faction
> +25% larger mobile military PPV than next closest faction
> +25% more systems controlled than next closest faction. A system is controlled if one faction has twice the population and military PPV of all other factions, minimum 10 million total system population.

As of 2045 the Remnant was the undisputed Ruler of Sol, while the Syndicate was the Ruler of Stars with a mobile military worth nearly 200 PPV and a total colony population of 9.9 million.

Offline sublight (OP)

• Pulsar 4x Dev
  • Captain
  • s
« Reply #32 on: May 10, 2013, 05:01:47 PM »
No SM turn this week on account of low player feedback. Only one order set has been received.

Next SM turn will occur in say, 3 days. (about 72 hours from this posting)

If half of you happen to university students taking finals shout out and I'll put the game on hiatus for the rest of the month. Otherwise please take your turn, or send me a private message saying 'Pass'.

Offline sublight (OP)

• Pulsar 4x Dev
  • Captain
  • s
« Reply #33 on: May 15, 2013, 09:18:53 PM »
After over a decade of leadership niflheimr will be stepping down from leader of Venus.

The Venusian slot is now open again if any are interested.

Offline sublight (OP)

• Pulsar 4x Dev
  • Captain
  • s
« Reply #34 on: June 05, 2013, 06:57:12 PM »
HIATUS

The Return to Sol Multiplayer game is going to stop updating for the next few months.

The Venusian vacancy has come at a rather awkward time in-game. About 5-10 game years remain before I would have had to give up and end the game anyway. That isn't really enough time left for me to push hard at recruiting, but just long enough that I don't want it to end so soon. Still, as Maharava and Nightstar reminded me, playing SM for a multi-faction game isn't as easy as I try to pretend most days.

So, here is what's happening. I'm going to take the next few months off. Do some summer traveling. Replay old games, and get back into the Pulsar project. At the peaks before I extended turn intervals or shortened the time advanced being SM was eating nearly half my free time. Since being SM was a fun hobby it wasn't a big deal, or it wouldn't have been if I wasn't also committed to being a lead Pulsar developer.

I'll be back. After the Pulsar alpha release. Maybe I'll start a new improves scenario setup, or maybe I'll continue Return to Sol from where we left off. Feel free to drop me PM pokes to remind me to work harder.

Sublight Out.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2013, 07:07:23 PM by sublight »