Author Topic: Minor Changes for v4.1  (Read 1608 times)

Offline SteveAlt (OP)

• Global Moderator
  • Rear Admiral
Minor Changes for v4.1
« on: May 02, 2009, 07:55:55 AM »
These are some minor changes for v4.1 that have cropped up during the recoding exercise.

Ion Storms have been removed. They were never working as well as I would like and I don't think anyone used them anyway. One less thing to recode :)

The endurance of lifepods is now checked during the 5-day increment rather than in every movement sub-pulse. It saves a tiny amount of time and the only effect is to keep survivors alive a little longer in most cases.

Virtually all popup error messages will also be listed as events. To see the recorded errors  you need to switch on the errors flag on the Events window while in SM mode. This should make future bug-finding a little easier.

Steve

Offline sloanjh

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
Re: Minor Changes for v4.1
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2009, 08:23:47 AM »
Hi Steve,

Are you planning to release 4.1 once you've got Aurora put back together?  I'd really like to get my hands on the improved performance and new trade rules :-)

Thanks,
John

Offline SteveAlt (OP)

• Global Moderator
  • Rear Admiral
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2009, 10:36:17 AM »
Quote from: "sloanjh"
Hi Steve,

Are you planning to release 4.1 once you've got Aurora put back together?  I'd really like to get my hands on the improved performance and new trade rules :-)
It will be a while because I have a LOT of testing to do. Everything in the program that can happen during movement plus anything connected with sensors or contacts has been rewritten or is about to be rewritten to some extent.

Steve

Offline waresky

• Registered
  • Vice Admiral
  • Alpine Mountaineer..ohh Yeah!
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2009, 10:40:15 AM »
Good work Steve..ive erased a dastardly 3 Precursors System tonight,ur "Game" seem every more deep and awesome..

pls think if u can manage more easily found the Army in a separate list..because with more planets i found them very hard to track them around in Universe..possible set more easy manage it?
I found difficult to rename ONE Division at time..pls can put multiselection and rename Division all togheter?(1st Marine 1MarineCorps--2nd Marine 1MarineCorps) but in a separate list or some usual?

u have done a incredible work on Track and find every single ships..BUT Army no:)

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2009, 09:54:22 PM »
Three more minor updates for v4.1:

There is a new 'Unload Fuel and Move to Sorium Gas Giant' conditional order. This would likely be used for fuel harvesters in conjunction with a 'Fuel tanks full' condition so they would move to a nearby colony, unload their fuel and then return to orbit of the gas giant to continue harvesting.

The updated Tac Intel window has five coloured buttons entitled Hostile, Neutral, Friendly, Allied and Civilian. If you click one of these buttons it pops up a colour chart. Once you pick a colour, the button will change to that colour. All contacts viewed by that race on the system map will then be displayed in one of the five colours, depending on the relationship of the viewing race to the race of the contact. So if you pick Red for hostile, all hostile contacts will appear red. if you selected Green for friendly, all friendly contacts will appear green, etc.

I have added a Spanish Theme.

Steve

Offline IanD

• Registered
  • Commodore
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2009, 03:41:17 AM »
Steve

Is there any chance of combining all the Euro themes to create a EU theme for 4.1?

Regards
IanD

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2009, 09:52:47 AM »
Quote from: "IanD"
Steve

Is there any chance of combining all the Euro themes to create a EU theme for 4.1?

Regards
It's possible, although you can already setup the galactic map to use multiple themes for system names and the race window to use multiple commander name themes.

Steve

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2009, 05:03:37 PM »
Another minor update. I've added themes to alien races so their assigned class name have some type of relevance to each other. This 'Alien Theme' is randomly set when you first encounter that race and you can change it on the TacIntel window. It won't be set to the same theme as the viewing race :)

In addition, when you encounter a civilian class or a new class of a friendly or allied race, the alien class name is set to the correct class name as used by that race.

Steve

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2009, 10:57:34 AM »
More changes for v4.1

You can now select the number of starting NPRs for a new game. Previously there was just one NPR.

The chance of recovering tech when you capture an alien population is based on the number of research labs instead of the total pop. For each available tech, a number is rolled between 1 and 50. If that is less than the number of labs at the population, you gain the tech. This should make the decision of whether to carry out orbital bombardment a little more interesting. :)

There are no more 'hidden' PDCs. The concept was causing more problems than the gameplay benefit was worth.

Steve