Author Topic: Race Knowledge Question  (Read 1354 times)

Offline Kurt (OP)

• Gold Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • 2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
Race Knowledge Question
« on: October 01, 2009, 04:05:02 PM »
In Aurora 3.11, is there a way to remove system knowledge from a race?

I thought I remembered that there was a way to remove knowledge of a system from a race, short of deleting the system, but for the life of me I cannot find it.  

This is somewhat important, as I am working my way back into the 6 Powers Campaign, but have discovered that the galactic maps for the two major powers are corrupted.  I believe that the corruption occured when they absorbed bits and pieces of the Japanese Empire, and system knowledge was transfered from the Japanese to the other powers.  The corruption centers on three systems connected to the solar system, and results in the galactic map displaying incorrect jump route information and essentially being useless.  

Kurt

Offline SteveAlt

• Global Moderator
  • Rear Admiral
Re: Race Knowledge Question
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2009, 06:18:57 PM »
Quote from: "Kurt"

I thought I remembered that there was a way to remove knowledge of a system from a race, short of deleting the system, but for the life of me I cannot find it.  

This is somewhat important, as I am working my way back into the 6 Powers Campaign, but have discovered that the galactic maps for the two major powers are corrupted.  I believe that the corruption occured when they absorbed bits and pieces of the Japanese Empire, and system knowledge was transfered from the Japanese to the other powers.  The corruption centers on three systems connected to the solar system, and results in the galactic map displaying incorrect jump route information and essentially being useless.  
Unfortunately I can't remember the user interface for v3.11. However, race knowledge of systems is contained in the RaceSysSurvey table and racial knowledge of jump points is in the RaceWPSurvey table. For the RaceSysSurvey table you can just delete the record. For the RaceWPSurvey table, just unset the charted and/or explored flags for the jump points in question.

Steve

Offline Kurt (OP)

• Gold Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • 2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2009, 11:25:09 AM »
Quote from: "SteveAlt"

Unfortunately I can't remember the user interface for v3.11. However, race knowledge of systems is contained in the RaceSysSurvey table and racial knowledge of jump points is in the RaceWPSurvey table. For the RaceSysSurvey table you can just delete the record. For the RaceWPSurvey table, just unset the charted and/or explored flags for the jump points in question.

Steve

Thanks Steve -

The above was enough to let me track down the problem.  The corrupting factor, that was throwing off the galactic map, was that the "Controlling Empire" setting for several of the systems were set to an empire that no longer existed.  The galactic map really didn't like that.  Once I removed all references to that empire, the map worked fine.  There are a few more problems I have to work out, but I am on the right track now.

Kurt

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2009, 12:43:59 PM »
The above was enough to let me track down the problem.  The corrupting factor, that was throwing off the galactic map, was that the "Controlling Empire" setting for several of the systems were set to an empire that no longer existed.  The galactic map really didn't like that.  Once I removed all references to that empire, the map worked fine.  There are a few more problems I have to work out, but I am on the right track now.
Glad you got sorted out. For v4.3 I have added some code to the race deletion section to set the controlling empire to zero where it is currently set to the deleted race.

Steve