Author Topic: NPR in same system  (Read 1404 times)

Offline Whitecold (OP)

• Commander
  • W
NPR in same system
« on: August 08, 2014, 04:19:07 PM »
I just started my first game with NPRs in the my starting system. I gave them the same amount of pop/tech/everything as I did, and somehow they end up with multiple 25k ton ships that appear to be warships, while I can barely afford two 12k ton cruisers with my starting budget, and they all idle around in orbit around my planet for some reason. Anyone knows if this is normal, and will they forever stay in orbit there?

Offline Haji

• Captain
Re: NPR in same system
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2014, 06:42:18 PM »
NPR's concepts of "boarder" or "privacy" are somewhat lacking. I once had over a hundred FACs hovering above one of my colonies for over four years (with very few breaks) despite being in peace and with improving relations. There was no "fire incidents" during that time. That however heavily depends on your diplomatic rating so if you're not prepared to fight a war you best make sure to have as good a diplomatic team as possible working on them.

Offline JacenHan

• Captain
  • Discord Username: Jacenhan
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2014, 07:03:39 PM »
NPRs get 3x the starting fleet points as the player, to compensate for the fact that the AI in this game usually messes everything up. They probably won't leave orbit until there is some threat that requires them to leave.

Offline Whitecold (OP)

• Commander
  • W
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2014, 04:06:50 PM »
Even for 3x fleet points this seems way too much. I spent all mine, started the NPR with roughly same conditions, and there are classes with 100 ships swarming around the system.