Author Topic: Official v6.40 Bugs Reporting Thread  (Read 93330 times)

Offline drejr

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • d
Re: Official v6.40 Bugs Reporting Thread
« Reply #645 on: February 08, 2016, 03:37:18 PM »
I've successfully captured ships of said spoiler race before.  The problem is that the ground combat doesn't update if one side's strength isn't a positive number, not that said race is immune to capture.  (Or if it is, Steve added it since 5.something without telling us.)

The same thing happens with "normal" NPRs now that they have fighters.

Offline bean

• Rear Admiral
  • b
« Reply #646 on: February 08, 2016, 05:59:29 PM »
I've got to say,  I would think it should be immune to capture,  hell I'd say it should be immune to boarding at all
I don't agree (my headcanon is that the swarm are some form of robot, not biological, as I really don't like 'living starships'), and even if that were the case, it would still be a problem if I'd run into the same issue with some other race.
This is Excel-in-Space, not Wing Commander - Rastaman

Offline iceball3

• Captain
« Reply #647 on: February 10, 2016, 01:08:53 PM »
Possible Suggestion: Maybe it could be a research field to be able to board ships like that, requiring that you salvage enough smaller ones or only one of the really big ones first? That would be nifty.

Offline bean

• Rear Admiral
  • b
« Reply #648 on: February 10, 2016, 01:09:34 PM »
Possible Suggestion: Maybe it could be a research field to be able to board ships like that, requiring that you salvage enough smaller ones or only one of the really big ones first? That would be nifty.
That race's ships disappear when they die.  There's no wreckage left to examine.

Offline bean

• Rear Admiral
  • b
« Reply #649 on: February 17, 2016, 12:04:07 AM »
Found a serious problem during my most recent game.  (Or, more accurately, confirmed something I'd suspected for a while.)  I was running trials to determine if I could use multi-stage missiles to exploit the same loophole that ships firing missiles at very close range do.  The answer turned out to be no.  However, as a control, I first fired the same missiles I was using as second stage from long range.  (They were my standard second stage for this game, just set to go off much closer.)  The hit chances of the defending ship were exactly the same in both cases.  I've noticed the effect before, and not been sure if it was real, but I'm sure now.  I have tracking bonus 80%, and the first case should have had a 22% tracking bonus, while the second should have been 0%.
It's possible that this was fixed in a later version, but I don't remember seeing it in the change logs.  If it was, I apologize.

Offline Haji

• Captain
« Reply #650 on: March 13, 2017, 02:36:36 PM »
Sorry for necrothreading but I couldn't start a new topic.

I'm playing 6.43 Aurora and I'm getting a message "Error in FuelUse".

Any idea what is causing it? It's bad enough it makes me click on it every time I do an increment but the number of messages I need to click through appears to be increasing.

Offline iceball3

• Captain
« Reply #651 on: May 05, 2017, 11:58:22 AM »
Have you taken a look at all of your ships? One of them might be acting up or otherwise behaving oddly. If not, though, it might be an issue with AI ships in the background, if any.