Author Topic: 15 year conventional start  (Read 1680 times)

Offline dooots (OP)

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • d
15 year conventional start
« on: March 13, 2011, 06:06:19 AM »
Could someone give me a population or research lab number for a conventional start that leaves sol in about 15 years with more then base level Trans-Newtonian techs*.  Something like Nuclear Pulse engines with one or two weapons above base techs and some economic research with it.

I tried a standard 500 population start and at 13 years in I only have Nuclear Pulse engines, impolsion fusion warheads, the base techs required for sensors and magazines, and duranium armour.  So I'm guessing a 1000 population start will be fairly close to what I'm looking for but would like any input anyone is willing to give.

* Base level Trans-Newtonian techs = what a Trans-Newtonian start gives you before you spend the starting research points.

Offline voknaar

• Lt. Commander
Re: 15 year conventional start
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2011, 08:12:15 AM »
Just SM to the tech level and forces you're comfortable with. As you probably know the beginning NPR starts off at a Transnewtonian Empire.

Offline sloanjh

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2011, 10:48:59 AM »
Could someone give me a population or research lab number for a conventional start that leaves sol in about 15 years with more then base level Trans-Newtonian techs*.  Something like Nuclear Pulse engines with one or two weapons above base techs and some economic research with it.

I tried a standard 500 population start and at 13 years in I only have Nuclear Pulse engines, impolsion fusion warheads, the base techs required for sensors and magazines, and duranium armour.  So I'm guessing a 1000 population start will be fairly close to what I'm looking for but would like any input anyone is willing to give.

* Base level Trans-Newtonian techs = what a Trans-Newtonian start gives you before you spend the starting research points.

I use 2 billion, then SM-up the HW minerals by 10x.  Note that this requires you to use most of your economic capacity for conversion to mines and factories; you'll have to do some math to figure out how much industry you can devote, especially if one of the abundances (e.g. corundium) is low.  In my current 5.4 game I'm at year 16, and I'm somewhat behind where you'd like to be (still haven't begun to research jump tech), so you might like to go with 3 billion.

John

Offline dooots (OP)

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • d
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2011, 08:43:06 PM »
I use 2 billion, then SM-up the HW minerals by 10x.  Note that this requires you to use most of your economic capacity for conversion to mines and factories; you'll have to do some math to figure out how much industry you can devote, especially if one of the abundances (e.g. corundium) is low.  In my current 5.4 game I'm at year 16, and I'm somewhat behind where you'd like to be (still haven't begun to research jump tech), so you might like to go with 3 billion.

John

Thanks that sounds like a pretty good starting point, and I had forgot that I would need to boost HW minerals so you saved me some more time.

Offline Peter Rhodan

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • P
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2011, 09:28:41 PM »
just play it out - harden up man - don't listen to those SM modify everything  pussies

Offline dooots (OP)

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • d
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2011, 10:15:10 PM »
This was for a faster conventional start, as I don't care for Trans-Newtonian starts.

Its not always fun to sit around and grow at a snail pace.