Author Topic: Modifying Leader ratings?  (Read 1022 times)

Offline Cetai Zahl (OP)

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • C
Modifying Leader ratings?
« on: March 14, 2011, 11:35:33 AM »
I am trying to start a new game with a conventional start and multiple earth based nations.  One problem I am having is that often one nation gets a good construction/propulsion scientist, while the others might not get any.  This tends to ends up with the scientist's nation potentially creating a space force years before their opponents.

Rather than trying to use the SM 'Replace All' feature a lot  for every nation, I was curious if there's a way to directly modify the ratings/bonuses of leaders so that I can even out the growth potential of all the nations to similar levels.

Offline voknaar

• Lt. Commander
Re: Modifying Leader ratings?
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2011, 11:56:20 AM »
I have no direct solution for you but there is a option to add extra officers, this will add loads of new military officers, naval officers, civilian admins and scientists. Add about 1000 for over kill. But you'll get plenty of variety to choose from and after a few years the military and naval ones will be sacked.

Edit: Punctuation and spellchecked
« Last Edit: March 14, 2011, 12:18:04 PM by voknaar »

Offline Caplin

Re: Modifying Leader ratings?
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2011, 12:05:06 PM »
I'm afraid I don't have a solution for you either, at least not from a game mechanics perspective.  I don't think you can SM edit officers, though it's a valid suggestion.
That being said, you could take it as a chance to differentiate your nations from one another.  Roleplaying is the key here I think, and a space race with uneven odds would just make that much more fun.  Realistically, it won't be very long in the grand scheme of things before your disadvantaged nation gets at least one CP scientist.  Of course, they can increase their chances by pumping out military academies.  Tech spillover from the more advanced nations will help as well, possibly offsetting their delays somewhat.