Author Topic: Min Inc thing  (Read 1662 times)

Offline Shadow (OP)

• Commander
  • Race Maker Race Maker : Creating race images
Min Inc thing
« on: March 21, 2011, 04:26:53 PM »
Running 5.42, and still can't make heads or tails of this new feature. How is it supposed to help me with the annoying tiny interrupts? And how do I actually use it? I've entered 1, 2 or 12, ticked the Auto Turns box and tried 2 and 5 minute increments, but I'm not seeing any changes. The game still runs on 5, 30 or 60 second increments if it so desires.

Offline Tarran

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
Re: Min Inc thing
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2011, 07:54:35 PM »
Haven't used it myself yet, so I'll quote:
Interrupt Override

Sometimes, the interrupts can be a pain if they are stopping the game when you know you are just going to press the increment button again. This situation usually occurs in a battle when you are launching large numbers of missiles or its a close range energy engagement where you don't need to change targets very often. Therefore there is now a new text field above the Auto Turns checkbox called Min Inc (for 'minimum number of increments'). If you are using automated turns and enter a number in this checkbox, the game will run for that number of increments before stopping for any interrupt events. In other words, you are overriding all interrupts for a specified period. The Shift-F8 combo will still work to stop automated turns but, apart from that, no matter what happens the game will keep running increments until it reaches the minimum number of increments.

WARNING! Using this option will take away your ability to react instantly to potentially important events so use with great caution. This is an experiment to see how useful this functionality will be so I will appreciate feedback once v5.40 is out.

Offline Shadow (OP)

• Commander
  • Race Maker Race Maker : Creating race images
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2011, 08:23:12 PM »
I read that. It's not clear enough. :-\

As far as I know, the Auto Turn mode keeps going at the selected interval no matter what, so I don't understand how the Min Inc feature makes things better. ???

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
  • Discord Username: icehawke
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2011, 08:28:46 PM »
I read that. It's not clear enough. :-\

As far as I know, the Auto Turn mode keeps going at the selected interval no matter what, so I don't understand how the Min Inc feature makes things better. ???

Auto turn stops when your race has an interrupt. The Min Inc will ignore ALL interrupts including your own.