Author Topic: PDC question  (Read 1312 times)

Offline wodin (OP)

• Registered
  • Petty Officer
  • w
PDC question
« on: March 25, 2011, 04:44:36 AM »
I'm designing a PDC and now want to create it using fast OB as I have PDC points. So do I create a new TG for PDC's? Obviously the PDC needs to be on the ground and I imagine a TG starts in orbit. I made a mistake before by creating one in my Battle Group and it appeared with them on their training exercise. WHish wasn't good as they where out in the Asteroid belt...

Just wondered if there was a different way of creating PDC using the Fast OB.

Thanks

Offline Deutschbag

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • Discord Username: Pwnzerfaust
Re: PDC question
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2011, 05:31:38 AM »
You should just be able to create a new TG and add them via fast OB and have them show up at Earth. If that doesn't work as expected, you can always SM move them to Earth.

Offline ZimRathbone

• Captain
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
Re: PDC question
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2011, 08:03:00 AM »
Task Groups are just collections of Units - if you locate a TG at a planet there is actually no indication of whether that TG is on the surface or in orbit (I believe that this is for reasons of ease of coding rather than any deliberate decision).  I just create seperate TGs for each type usually with names like <Planet Name> - OrbDefGrp  and <Planet Name> - SurDefGrp.

This does make it impossible to differentiate alien Orbital Defence Bases from PDCs as I discovered when my fleet inadvertantly plastered a planet so that it now has -13% production due to Radiation/Dust effects - I'd brought a serious invasion force with the intention of investing the PDCs with ground troops rather than turning them into strontium-90 sunset material.  Ah well, such is life!
Slàinte,

Mike