Author Topic: TF and TG  (Read 1392 times)

Offline alexwildstar (OP)

• Chief Petty Officer
  • a
TF and TG
« on: March 27, 2011, 05:27:31 PM »

Ok coming back to the game and now I remeber one of the things I hated. 

how do you create TG and TF     and how do you make them not subordinate to the groups already made such as the shipyard TG   

I keep not being able to get my ships to where I want my ships and get them to do what I want.   This is my third or fourth time playing and i always seem to forget this part of the game.  Is there a way to make it more intutive so I designing my OOB and not dealing with initial OOB   

So For example I want to build four seperate survey groups but all my ships are in the Shipyard task group.   when i add new TFS it does not allow me to add ships to the new tf instead i stuck with the old TG ie Battle group Shipyard and Survey and Cargo.   

Offline Shadow

• Commander
  • Race Maker Race Maker : Creating race images
Re: TF and TG
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2011, 05:54:59 PM »
Once you create a new TG, go to the Special Orders / Organization tab in the same window. On the right-hand side, there's two large white boxes: the first one has a list of the ships of the current TG (empty if it's a newly-created one), and you can use the second one to choose another TG and transfer vessels to/from it without establishing any kind of dependence.

Offline ZimRathbone

• Captain
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2011, 06:00:41 AM »
Once you create a new TG, go to the Special Orders / Organization tab in the same window. On the right-hand side, there's two large white boxes: the first one has a list of the ships of the current TG (empty if it's a newly-created one), and you can use the second one to choose another TG and transfer vessels to/from it without establishing any kind of dependence.

one minor caveat with this - if you're not in SM mode, then the TGs must be in the same location (eg at your homeworld)  If you are in SM Mode you can transfer between TGs in the same System.  You cannot use this to transfer between TGs in different systems.
Slàinte,

Mike

Offline Shadow

• Commander
  • Race Maker Race Maker : Creating race images
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2011, 10:25:35 AM »
Ah, that's correct.