Author Topic: Anomalies in 6.30  (Read 2784 times)

Offline Prince of Space (OP)

• Lieutenant
  • We like it very much.
Anomalies in 6.30
« on: November 02, 2013, 03:21:27 PM »
As far as I know I haven't discovered any anomalies in my current 6.30 game. However, it has occurred to me that I'm not sure how I would know if I had.

The release notes state that the presence of an anomaly on a body is declared when it is geosurveyed, but geosurveys and mineral discovery don't interrupt auto-turns, so I could have blown right past the event notification without seeing it. I also can't find any indication of where the presence of an anomaly would be noted for later reference. I can check for ruins in the Display 2 tab on the System Map, but I can't seem to find anything about anomalies anywhere in game.

Has anyone found an anomaly in their 6.30 game? It's hard to hunt for bugs in a new feature when I don't know if I've found an instance of it yet.

Offline Nathan_

• Pulsar 4x Dev
  • Commodore
  • N
Re: Anomalies in 6.30
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2013, 04:53:52 PM »
If you have a colony on the body in question the economic screen shows the anomaly as there, but I don't see any list of them around, perhaps that would make a good suggestion.

Offline alex_brunius

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2013, 07:03:06 PM »
Shows for me in the populations tab in F9 (System generation and display) window.

So far found 2 anomalies in about 15 systems explored so they are there, at least as common as ruins if not more.

But I agree it would be nice to also have them show somewhere else, like in the Display 2 -> Known ruins window in F3 (system map). Just change the name to "Known Ruins and Anomalies".
« Last Edit: November 02, 2013, 07:05:30 PM by alex_brunius »

Offline Kaiser

• Commander
  • K
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2014, 04:49:35 AM »
What do I have to do after I discovered an anomaly/alien installation? Do I have to send an xenology team on the body?

Offline Prince of Space (OP)

• Lieutenant
  • We like it very much.
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2014, 10:08:45 AM »
Alien installations need to be decoded by a Xenology Team before they can be excavated by a Construction Battalion in an effort to recover installations or technology.

Anomalies will apply their bonus to applicable research projects that are being researched on that particular body, so to take advantage of them you need to establish a colony with research labs there.

Offline Kaiser

• Commander
  • K
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2014, 12:19:31 PM »
so clear, thank you

Offline Starmantle

• Lieutenant
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2014, 02:09:11 AM »
And thanks for asking this!

I don't have any experience with anomalies yet either. 

Offline Kaiser

• Commander
  • K
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2014, 07:25:04 AM »
hey folks, I sent an xenology team on a planet with anomaly/alien installation many many times ago (I think more than 5 years ago, in game of course) but I have not received any message about decoding yet. How long does it take more or less?

Offline Kaiser

• Commander
  • K
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2014, 08:14:04 AM »
well, just after I posted previous message, I discovered another planet with anomaly/alien installation and an ancient city, but in this case it was written something like "pls send an xenology team to recover ruins"; I sent it and after some day I discovered hundreds of installation, language decoding of previous aliens and other stuff :PPP so I think that NOW I should send the construction brigate.
In the first case was not written about xenology, so I should send only the brigate. I'll try it.

Offline Black

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
  • B
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
    2024 Supporter 2024 Supporter : Donate for 2024
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2014, 10:12:23 AM »
I think that to use anomaly/alien installation you just need research labs. When you start the research in field that anomaly/alien installation boosts, you will get that boost automatically.

Offline Kaiser

• Commander
  • K
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2014, 12:03:57 PM »
I think that to use anomaly/alien installation you just need research labs. When you start the research in field that anomaly/alien installation boosts, you will get that boost automatically.

ah! Thank you