Author Topic: Help with PDC hanger  (Read 2122 times)

Offline Rich.h (OP)

• Captain
  • R
Help with PDC hanger
« on: May 17, 2014, 03:23:17 PM »
I have a PDC design that includes a large hanger deck to allow me to place ships into it to save on minerals, and act as an ammo supply etc. I can dock and launch the ships just fine but the ships loose their original TG and become part of the PDC TG, this means I have to make a new TG moving each individual ship to the new TG before I can make any movement orders with them.

Is there a way I can land a TG on a PDC hanger and yet keep them ships in their original TG so I can simply launch the TG at a later time?

Offline NihilRex

• Lieutenant
  • N
Re: Help with PDC hanger
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2014, 04:27:15 PM »
Go to the Naval Organization tab - set up the TGs how you want them there, and you can go back to them later and launch them as those TGs.

Offline Rich.h (OP)

• Captain
  • R
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2014, 06:13:23 PM »
Go to the Naval Organization tab - set up the TGs how you want them there, and you can go back to them later and launch them as those TGs.

I seem to clearly be doing something wrong as I cannot see anyway of doing what you are saying on that tab. Any chance I can get an idiots guide with which buttons are required to press?

Offline NihilRex

• Lieutenant
  • N
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2014, 10:22:05 PM »
1) Decide if you want one fleet or several.  Each fleet gets a fleet commander, and possibly a flagbridge in it.
1a) If Several, go to the Taskforces window, Ctrl-F4, and create them all.

2) Go to Task Groups, F12, Naval Organization Tab

3) Click on Fleet Headquarters Fleet, then click the Add button in the top box, "Modify Organization Branches."  Enter a TG name for later.

4) Set up and select a TG you want to be able to recall.

5) With that TG selected, go back to the Nav. Org. tab, and click "Add TG" in the second box, the "Assign Ships to Organization" box.

6) Select the TG Branch you named in step 3.  Click "Branch Only" in the third box of buttons.

7) Organize Fleets and TGs and sub-taskgroups as needed.  You can "add ship" individually by click a ship in the upper right section of the F12 window before clicking that button.  Each ship can only be assigned to a singe TG\TF.

The Branch only button creates a TG of all ships assigned to that branch that are in the same location as the currently selected TG.  The branch+sub button does the same, but includes all lower branches in the hierarchy.

Hope this helps!

Offline Rich.h (OP)

• Captain
  • R
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2014, 09:10:37 AM »
Yes thank you that helps me out completely, my problem was that I was thinking in such a way that a TG would remain who they are and just hide in a hanger instead of being now part of that hanger TG. But doing it like this with the naval tab seems a farm better way of doing things once I get lots of ships flying about.

Offline Kirkegaard

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • K
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2014, 09:30:10 AM »
What is the gain by creating an organization of your navy?

Offline Rich.h (OP)

• Captain
  • R
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2014, 10:14:32 AM »
What is the gain by creating an organization of your navy?

For me it helps as I have just started to use PDC's with hangers and ship wharfs, and motherships that carry various mission role craft within. This method lets me quickly go to the navel tabe open the relevant tree for whatever actual TG I want and set them into space with a single click all setup with whatever ships are meant to be in that sort of TG. Compared to clicking the launch parasite button and then using the detach command this method is light years faster.