Author Topic: Does Aurora Interact With Other Programs?  (Read 2002 times)

Offline DI7789 (OP)

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • D
Does Aurora Interact With Other Programs?
« on: July 03, 2010, 07:47:48 AM »
It sounds like an odd question, but recently I have noticed something. Every time I start Aurora, then I start Mozilla Firefox, options in Firefox change.

For example, this is what my Firefox screen looks like now:

(Sorry for size, couldn't get the spoiler code to work)

Anyway, I've highlighted what is wrong with this picture (In case it is hard to see, the yellow text at the top has a red oval around it), this text should be plain black because I haven't changed it.

The first time this happened to me, I thought I had some kind of weird virus on my computer. A scan from all the antivirus software I had said I didn't.

The second time this happened to me, I realised that I had had Aurora open on both occasions. Which leads me to ask, is Aurora causing this problem? Is there something (Maybe one of the DLL files it installs?) that could be screwing around with my web browser settings?

The yellow text isn't the only problem I've encountered so far. I've had toolbars pop up from sites I've never visited before. Youtube videos that automatically replay once they've finished. And new, untitled tabs pop up.

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
Re: Does Aurora Interact With Other Programs?
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2010, 07:58:04 AM »
Anyway, I've highlighted what is wrong with this picture (In case it is hard to see, the yellow text at the top has a red oval around it), this text should be plain black because I haven't changed it.
The yellow text is because Aurora changes the window menu colours to match the map colour scheme. They should change back if you close Aurora from the main menu bar, as there is code in the close-down section that sets the menu colours back to the original.

I've had toolbars pop up from sites I've never visited before. Youtube videos that automatically replay once they've finished. And new, untitled tabs pop up.
Aurora shouldn't affect any of the above. I haven't had any similar reports in the past.

Steve

Offline DI7789 (OP)

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • D
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2010, 08:04:25 AM »
Those last ones probably were a virus, then, I'll run another scan.

And thank you :D That fixed the text colours.

Offline nichaey

• Chief Petty Officer
  • n
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2010, 11:58:35 AM »
More probably spyware, so make sure your scanner covers spyware/malware.

Online Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
  • Discord Username: icehawke
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2010, 07:41:53 PM »
Steve -

You might look at putting the shutdown code in the... Query_Unload sub of the form. It doesn't seem to get run if the X is used to close Aurora.