Author Topic: NPCs just started a war  (Read 2233 times)

Offline antofdeath (OP)

• Petty Officer
  • a
NPCs just started a war
« on: April 09, 2011, 06:40:10 AM »
I hope this is a bug or something but for some absurd reason I think my NPC traders discovering the existence of a friendly relation empire actually cause us to go to war.... my relations with the other empire were like 80 and they were all like GO AHEAD SEND TRADERS! and then.. preceded to on the very instant my ships discovered anything that existed to them (AKA hit the first planet) flip the frakk out and go to -400 relations and were like WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE. I was like Whut. So yeah I think my NPC traders caused interplanetary war.

Offline mckamx

• Chief Petty Officer
  • m
Re: NPCs just started a war
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2011, 09:49:53 AM »
It is more likely that the presense of your trading fleet spooked the NPR.    80 is not a very high relation score, and some versions of Aurora have a bug where NPR's treat cargo vessels as if they were potentially hostile warships, and get angry if they see them in their inhabited systems.    Besides, they are aliens: who knows what they are thinking?

Offline antofdeath (OP)

• Petty Officer
  • a
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2011, 10:30:58 AM »
Thats very likely... but my problem is they got REALLY spooked by my massive multimillion ton trade fleet that seems to have wanted to ambush their capital xD! They are still trying to hunt down all the traders and I'm like NOT MY SUBSIDIZED FLEET!?!? I dunno I'm not even sure what to do about it.

Offline mckamx

• Chief Petty Officer
  • m
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2011, 12:02:33 PM »
On the F9 (System Generation and Display) screen, there is a "Ban Body" button.    If you select the NPR homeworld and ban it, your trade fleets should no longer go there.    As for the tradeship already in-system, they are probably doomed.

Offline Ziusudra

• Lt. Commander
  • Z
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2011, 01:19:52 PM »
You should also use the Clear Orders button on the Shipping Lines window for any ships currently headed to that planet. The ban only seems to affect new orders.

Offline alanwebber

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • a
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2011, 01:20:12 PM »
This has been reported to Steve and he's looking into it.

Alan
Regards

Alan Webber

Offline antofdeath (OP)

• Petty Officer
  • a
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2011, 03:40:00 PM »
<.< Go back to posting in that other topic! This just seemed like a particularly important thing to post.

Offline Shadow

• Commander
  • Race Maker Race Maker : Creating race images
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2011, 05:39:53 PM »
Ack, sorry. When I posted I thought this was the main bugs thread. :-\

Where this should be, too, admittedly.