Author Topic: Typo Thread  (Read 56542 times)

Offline Black

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
  • B
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
    2024 Supporter 2024 Supporter : Donate for 2024
Re: Typo Thread
« Reply #150 on: July 31, 2020, 05:20:59 AM »
There is inconsistency in names of some stars, for example:

Barnards Star - no apostrophe in the name.

Scholz's Star - there is apostrophe in the name.

I think that correct name is for stars that were added or renamed for C# Aurora from this post: http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php?topic=8495.msg107348#msg107348

Rest have names without apostrophe taken from VB6 version.

Offline Lazygun

• Leading Rate
  • L
« Reply #151 on: July 31, 2020, 06:13:39 AM »
Not quite a typo, but still a text bug.   Here is the blurb that show when you click on researching a new kind of laser. 

"Laser wavelength technology.   The higher a laser wavelength, the less the laser loses power with range.   Therefore, higher wavelength lasers will cause more damage at longer range than lower wavelength lasers of the same focal size"

The thing is, you have the wavelength backwards.   Frequency times wavelength is a constant.   Frequency increases as you go from infrared to x-rays but that means that wavelength decreases.   I was originally confused about why I would want to research lasers that I was told performed worse. 

Offline Foxfire

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • F
« Reply #152 on: August 12, 2020, 10:07:20 PM »
The fuel consumption displayed in the engine power dropdown on missile design is wrong for boosts past the tech level max boost. 

For example, on a fresh 1. 11. 0 Imperium of Man database, 255% displays as "Engine Power: 255%    Fuel Consumption: 51. 92" instead of 11. 21.    Boosts below the tech level limit display correctly (e.  g.   "Engine Power: 250%    Fuel Consumption: 9. 88") and the totalized fuel usage and efficiency numbers for the missile are correct (after accounting for the label swaps that other have noted in this thread)

Offline SERRE

• Leading Rate
  • S
« Reply #153 on: September 23, 2020, 12:09:55 AM »
There is extra space in the names of Auto-Designed STO, Towed Artillery, Mobile Artillery, AA Tank and Tank HQ.

Offline Llamageddon

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • L
« Reply #154 on: October 15, 2020, 01:17:01 PM »
I see some people have pointed out the description for Maintenance Modules mentioned PDC's but the text still seems wrong to me.

I hope this hasn't changed without me realising; on the C# changes list it is stated (emphasis mine):
"Any location that contains a population with maintenance facilities or a ship with maintenance modules is known as a 'Maintenance Location'. This does not need to be in the same location as a population. A Maintenance Location consisting only of ships with maintenance modules could be in deep space."

On the research description for Maintenance Modules it states:
"A ship component that is added to the total maintenance facilites of a population if the ship is on the same planet or in near orbit"

For ages I wasn't researching maintenance modules because I thought I had misread info about them on the wiki/forums.
Currently using Aurora 1.12 - Unmodded

Offline Llamageddon

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • L
« Reply #155 on: October 15, 2020, 01:21:02 PM »
Now I've noticed it it is driving me crazy:

When you design a new engine, the game puts two spaces before the name's suffix of EPxxx. As in "Magneto-plasma Drive  EP160.00". <--- I cut and pasted that from the game. High priority item reported right here!  ;D

Offline Llamageddon

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • L
« Reply #156 on: October 15, 2020, 02:19:03 PM »
On "Modify Star" using SM mode, the Spectral Class G2-V is entered twice with slightly different settings.

Offline Demonius

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
« Reply #157 on: October 16, 2020, 03:31:24 AM »
Terrain Type Chapparal should be Chaparral

Offline Langer

• Petty Officer
  • L
« Reply #158 on: November 08, 2020, 01:27:05 PM »
System Generation and Display window - click Specify Minerals, "Corumdium" instead of Corundium

Offline Cosinus

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • C
« Reply #159 on: December 10, 2020, 02:51:43 PM »
In the fleet movement orders, there is an order called "Stabilise Jump Point". In the fleet standing orders there is an order called "Build Jump Gate at nearest Jump Point". As jump gates no longer exist, this should be called "Stabilise nearest Jump Point"

Offline Cosinus

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • C
« Reply #160 on: December 19, 2020, 10:41:37 AM »
When a fighter is built, you get an event in the event log called "Fighter Contruction"

Is this thread the wrong place to report typos? I just noticed one and checked this thread just to find out I already reported it  ::). Typos from this thread haven't been fixed since April.

Offline Garfunkel

• Registered
  • Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #161 on: December 19, 2020, 01:09:14 PM »
It is the right place. Steve will get to them eventually.

Offline nuclearslurpee

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • Radioactive frozen beverage.
« Reply #162 on: December 19, 2020, 02:29:21 PM »
When a flag officer is removed from their command, e.g. due to promotion, the commander history shows that they were relieved as the executive officer.

The following users thanked this post: Froggiest1982

Offline pwhk

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • p
« Reply #163 on: January 24, 2021, 08:40:54 AM »
The "Chinese" commander name list contains "Yab", which does not translate to or sounds to any Chinese word. I believe it is intended to be "Yan".
(I speak the language)

Offline Zap0

• Captain
« Reply #164 on: January 26, 2021, 12:31:53 AM »
Found a spelling inconsistency while looking through an officer's history.