Author Topic: screaming need for alphabetical lists  (Read 1350 times)

Offline plasticpanzers (OP)

• Lt. Commander
  • p
screaming need for alphabetical lists
« on: November 09, 2015, 05:10:14 AM »
I suppose I just don't know how to do it yet (only my 3rd day or so playing) but there must be a way to list moons, asteroids, and
other celestial bodies alphabetically as my eyes are about to fall out trying to find the right one each time i look.

Offline MarcAFK

• Vice Admiral
  • ...it's so simple an idiot could have devised it..
Re: screaming need for alphabetical lists
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2015, 05:37:17 AM »
It would be a nice option to have , but keep in mind currently they're listed by distance from the palsarent body which should make it fairly easy to find important ones once you remember their order, also you might find helpful the option on the system information window which lets you hide asteroids or moons without minerals. It's on the options tab at the left.
" Why is this godforsaken hellhole worth dying for? "
". . .  We know nothing about them, their language, their history or what they look like.  But we can assume this.  They stand for everything we don't stand for.  Also they told me you guys look like dorks. "
"Stop exploding, you cowards.  "

Offline linkxsc

• Commander
Re: screaming need for alphabetical lists
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2015, 01:56:28 PM »
I suppose I just don't know how to do it yet (only my 3rd day or so playing) but there must be a way to list moons, asteroids, and
other celestial bodies alphabetically as my eyes are about to fall out trying to find the right one each time i look.

Well in Sol, they can be quite confusing as all the different asteroids have "real-ish" names, and such.
But once you branch out of Sol, what you'll find is that most planets and asteroids are named in a numeric order. Closest to sun planets first, along with their moons, then planets farther out. Sol is really the only annoying one in these regards.