C# Aurora > C# Utilities

AuroraMarvin, helper android for Aurora 4x C#

(1/23) > >>

Scnaeg:
I wrote a small application which helps me (and maybe you) playing Aurora 4x C# by automating some repeating checks I always did manually.

It opens the Aurora DB read only and checks for:

* Damaged ships
* Ships with low crew morale
* Unused construction factories
* Unused ordnance factories
* Ships which are marked as obsolete
* Unused terraformers
* Ships with armour damage
* Own wrecks
* Shipyards which are tooled for obsolete ships
* Ships without MSP
* Admin commands without commanders
* CMC mines from which I buy minerals but have no mass driver destination set
* Populations with low manufacturing efficiency modifier
* Fully trained ships in training fleets
* Own life pods
* Populations without a governor set
* Ships with open fire FCs
Here some example screenshots:

It also has a view on the own ships and own populations database tables (read only of course):

There is also a possibility to save ship designs in a separate database:

And to save some notes in the separate database:

Every time the Aurora database is saved the data is automatically reload and it also paints some graphs for resources, fuel, maintenance supplies, population and wealth (graphs are painted as soon as three saved games are read).
Everything is saved in the separate database.  Example for resources:

Time axis for those graphs are in game seconds since the game start and the graphs are created for the total amount of resources/fuel/MSPs and not per population.

And last the application tries to visualize the tech tree:

Conventional starting tech is in light green, trans newtonian starting tech ins coloured in dark green.

If you like to try the application, the binaries are available here:
https://gitlab.com/Scnaeg/auroramarvin/-/jobs/artifacts/v2.2.0.0/download?job=build

Checksum:
SHA512 (artifacts.zip) = 43070fc25b883795616a571cc10f83e5104da5af5fba6fcd98a6dfb475016046601d3fc5a8e4b89cf54ca6955d3d88de71b941bb0b8f21005eeaf2af8fdc1b09

To install AuroraMarvin please unzip the application into a dedicated folder (and not in your existing Aurora 4x folder) and run the AuroraMarvin. exe.

To upgrade AuroraMarvin please unzip the new version into a dedicated folder and copy AuroraMarvin.db from the old installation into the new one.  Once the database is copied run AuroraMarvin.exe. 

If you like to compile the application by yourself (or submit a patch ;) ) the source code is available here:
https://gitlab.com/Scnaeg/auroramarvin

The application has been approved by Steve as it opens the Aurora DB in read only mode.

Zap0:
Thanks, I've always needed something like this!

Now, off I go replacing the governor on Venus that died without my permission again, and fixing half a dozen other critical oversights.

brevduva:
I tried it out since I've been looking for something similar to this.  Apparently I had obsolete colony ships that I had retooled for but never upgraded.  Huh.

Really nice first edition.  I have some suggestions for improvements but not the time right now to put them down.  Later post or edit.

I really liked it.  keep it up!

Scnaeg:
I'm glad to hear that both of you found the application useful.  I've fixed a bug so that space stations are included in the construction factory utilisation calculation now and a typo.  I've updated my first post and updated the download URL to the one from the gitlab CI which might be a little bit more trustworthy :)

Rich.h:
Does this do realtime or set interval updates? As far as I can tell I need to rescan the db file to update. The problem being I only have these things flags up in Marvin as I forgot to do them, but then I forget to rescan Marvin......

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

It appears that you have not registered with Aurora 4x. To register, please click here...
There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version