Author Topic: Survey Team Adjustment  (Read 1881 times)

g.Friti

Survey Team Adjustment
« on: January 16, 2016, 12:25:04 AM »
I think that there is potential for a bit more game in the pre-TransNeutonian era, in particular one of the more interesting approaches may be in relation to Survey Teams.

It could be interesting if one could geosurvey with just survey teams (no surveyor sensor tech) but have the values be wildly inaccurate.

Just a thought as I was sitting time-accelerating through the first couple years to get Trans-Neutonian tech - the early-early game experience could use a bit of padding and it would give folk a reason not to just skip past such time-frames.   Especially if survey teams are treated as cargo and not allowed to just teleport to a planet (production - expedition base?  Provides eventual (IE: years) semi-accurate mineral readings (maybe 1-3 at max of possible total deposits) and maybe a small pittance of research points?)

Just a thought!

Offline iceball3

• Captain
Re: Survey Team Adjustment
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2016, 09:46:55 PM »
I think that there is potential for a bit more game in the pre-TransNeutonian era, in particular one of the more interesting approaches may be in relation to Survey Teams.

It could be interesting if one could geosurvey with just survey teams (no surveyor sensor tech) but have the values be wildly inaccurate.

Just a thought as I was sitting time-accelerating through the first couple years to get Trans-Neutonian tech - the early-early game experience could use a bit of padding and it would give folk a reason not to just skip past such time-frames.   Especially if survey teams are treated as cargo and not allowed to just teleport to a planet (production - expedition base?  Provides eventual (IE: years) semi-accurate mineral readings (maybe 1-3 at max of possible total deposits) and maybe a small pittance of research points?)

Just a thought!
I think long duration readings (years to survey a planet or system body), the training gotten alongside doing so, with required transport and fully accurate reports would be sufficient, to be honest, if just because of the sheer amount of times you will be throwing geosurvey teams at the rocks to find out they are (probably) completely barren, only to be later confirmed by geosurvey vessels.

Offline sloanjh

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2016, 06:49:53 AM »
Welcome to Aurora!

Steve has asked that people put suggestions like this in the (semi-)official thread, which he uses as a "filing cabinet" when he's looking for things to do.  For details, there's a "where should I post" thread in the FAQ section.

Thanks,
John

Offline Havan_IronOak

• Sub-Lieutenant
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2016, 04:21:00 PM »
I'm assuming that this was moved to the correct section....

I'd love to see a way to automate the ground based geo-survey teams. Give them a ship to ferry them around with orders to  drop off teams on bodies yet to be ground surveyed. They would also pick up teams that are reporting as having finished a body.
Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
  • Discord Username: icehawke
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2016, 04:22:45 PM »
The forum is right, but what John is saying is that instead of creating a new thread for each suggestion, add it to the version appropriate thread :)