Author Topic: New Diplomatic Rules for v4.1  (Read 10044 times)

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
Re: New Diplomatic Rules for v4.1
« Reply #45 on: December 09, 2009, 03:01:34 AM »
Quote from: "Beersatron"
- my designs above may not be balanced but I noticed the following happen when my mines went off: the separation range is set to 150k km and the NPR only came within that range of 3 of the mines yet all the mines around the JP released their sub munitions. Then what happened was that only those sub munitions from the 3 mines within range actually attacked. The others lost target and didn't even move 1km - then self destructed. Is that by design? Are they using other sensors on purpose?
I've set this up to test and it is working as it should. Only those mines that can detect the ship by themselves are firing.  What version was it when this happened because I think I have fixed a bug along these lines some time after v4.7

Steve

Offline Beersatron

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
« Reply #46 on: December 09, 2009, 03:19:11 AM »
Quote from: "Steve Walmsley"
Quote from: "Beersatron"
- my designs above may not be balanced but I noticed the following happen when my mines went off: the separation range is set to 150k km and the NPR only came within that range of 3 of the mines yet all the mines around the JP released their sub munitions. Then what happened was that only those sub munitions from the 3 mines within range actually attacked. The others lost target and didn't even move 1km - then self destructed. Is that by design? Are they using other sensors on purpose?
I've set this up to test and it is working as it should. Only those mines that can detect the ship by themselves are firing.  What version was it when this happened because I think I have fixed a bug along these lines some time after v4.7

Steve

v4.76

These are the mines I mentioned before, were I had to go in and manually enter the sensor resolution and range. It may be best to ignore this for now and then I will test it again if I get around to redesigning the mines with new tech.

Offline rmcrowe

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
« Reply #47 on: December 09, 2009, 05:04:38 PM »
Given that you said mines can not change programming after being laid, is it possible to have a "friendly" ship come by and pick them up for re-use/re-programming.  Awful expensive to have to expend them to change the software settings!

robert

Offline Another

• Petty Officer
  • A
« Reply #48 on: February 23, 2010, 05:50:10 AM »
Could you clarify how establishing communications is processed?

I know that bit about active sensors and "initiate communication" button but what happens after that?

My current Human race has a translation skill at -24. Am I doomed to no diplomacy at all?

Are race characteristics like Diplomacy, Militancy,..., Trading even used in current version of Aurora?

Even forum search could not provide me details that are probably obvious to old players. This kind of info should probably be incorporated into the wiki; not just a link to this thread from a yet some more links section.

Offline Hawkeye

• Silver Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • Silver Supporter Silver Supporter : Support the forums with a Silver subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #49 on: February 23, 2010, 10:01:24 AM »
Quote from: "Another"
Could you clarify how establishing communications is processed?

I know that bit about active sensors and "initiate communication" button but what happens after that?

My current Human race has a translation skill at -24. Am I doomed to no diplomacy at all?

Are race characteristics like Diplomacy, Militancy,..., Trading even used in current version of Aurora?

Even forum search could not provide me details that are probably obvious to old players. This kind of info should probably be incorporated into the wiki; not just a link to this thread from a yet some more links section.

First, I don´t know of all of them, but I´ll share what I know (or belive) to be true ;)
Ralph Hoenig, Germany

Offline Mor

• Commander
« Reply #50 on: January 14, 2016, 04:26:50 PM »
On a related note, when the Diplomacy Team gain experience?

Offline MarcAFK

• Vice Admiral
  • ...it's so simple an idiot could have devised it..
« Reply #51 on: January 14, 2016, 05:46:17 PM »
Don't quote me on this, but I'm pretty sure it's after any check which improves relations.
" Why is this godforsaken hellhole worth dying for? "
". . .  We know nothing about them, their language, their history or what they look like.  But we can assume this.  They stand for everything we don't stand for.  Also they told me you guys look like dorks. "
"Stop exploding, you cowards.  "

Offline Mor

• Commander
« Reply #52 on: January 14, 2016, 05:59:39 PM »
But that is exactly what I am looking for ;) Anyway, I updated the Diplomacy. Steve did a superb job here so it was easy,although I probably frakked it up somehow.

Offline Prince of Space

• Lieutenant
  • We like it very much.
« Reply #53 on: January 15, 2016, 02:54:10 PM »
I have officers in unassigned diplomacy teams increase their skill all the time, so I think that just being on a diplomacy is enough to potentially cause an officer to spontaneously gain experience. Maybe they have a debate club or a model UN?

Offline MarcAFK

• Vice Admiral
  • ...it's so simple an idiot could have devised it..
« Reply #54 on: January 16, 2016, 12:37:20 AM »
I have officers in unassigned diplomacy teams increase their skill all the time, so I think that just being on a diplomacy is enough to potentially cause an officer to spontaneously gain experience. Maybe they have a debate club or a model UN?
A political role play minecraft server perhaps?
" Why is this godforsaken hellhole worth dying for? "
". . .  We know nothing about them, their language, their history or what they look like.  But we can assume this.  They stand for everything we don't stand for.  Also they told me you guys look like dorks. "
"Stop exploding, you cowards.  "