Author Topic: Can't make gravitational survey ships  (Read 1465 times)

Offline C4lv1n (OP)

• Petty Officer
Can't make gravitational survey ships
« on: February 17, 2011, 03:01:52 PM »
So I'm following along with the tutorial (again), and I've designed my Geosurvey vessels, and I'm at the point where it says to copy the design and replace the Geo sensors with Grav sensors.   I don't have any, other than the ones I designed in the earlier part of the tutorial to put on the Geo ship, they're the active ones and the game refers to them as Grav sensors, are these them? Or am I dum?

Looks like it, just edited the topic title, it was "Can't make sravitational survey ships" I swear that was a 'G' when I typed it.
Steve is a pretty cool guy, he makes games and doesn't afraid of anything.

Offline welchbloke

• Vice Admiral
Re: Can't make gravitational survey ships
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2011, 03:08:55 PM »
So I'm following along with the tutorial (again), and I've designed my Geosurvey vessels, and I'm at the point where it says to copy the design and replace the Geo sensors with Grav sensors.   I don't have any, other than the ones I designed in the earlier part of the tutorial to put on the Geo ship, they're the active ones and the game refers to them as Grav sensors, are these them? Or am I dum?

Looks like it, just edited the topic title, it was "Can't make sravitational survey ships" I swear that was a 'G' when I typed it.
In the ship design screen, make sure the group components tick box is selected.  Under the Passive Sensors section is there a component labelled geological survey sensors?  If not you need to research the tech before you can use them.  There are 2 types of sensor the base versions are called geological survey sensors and gravitational survey sensors.  The labels are self explanatory, from what you've said I suspect you haven't researched(or instant researched) one of them.  Also, if you researched the tech after you opened the class design window you'll need to hit the refesh tech button to make sure the window has been updated.
Welchbloke

Offline C4lv1n (OP)

• Petty Officer
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2011, 03:10:56 PM »
I have the Geo sensors, it's the Grav sensors that I need, they're not there and I don't know what I'm supposed to research to put them there.

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
  • Discord Username: icehawke
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2011, 03:14:52 PM »
Did you research Jump Point Theory?

Offline C4lv1n (OP)

• Petty Officer
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2011, 03:18:06 PM »
Quote from: Erik Luken link=topic=3246.  msg31208#msg31208 date=1297977292
Did you research Jump Point Theory?
This provides a pretty good summary:

(There was a picture, forum didn't like it)

But thanks for helping me man.